Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Gift of Life, Inc. is seeking an Executive Director to lead its twenty-two year-old nonprofit organization which builds awareness about the life-saving importance of organ, eye and tissue donation and provides mentoring support of transplant patients and their families.
Each year, its Life Savers program educators provide classroom presentations to approximately 30,000 high school students and families in 115 high schools ranging across 23 counties from Wichita, Kansas to St. Louis, Missouri. Volunteer transplant mentors, each with a transplant story, provide education, support, information and encouragement to approximately 80 transplant patients a year. In 2020, 34 transplant hospitals from across the country have agreed to refer patients to the Transplant Mentors program.
Position Summary & Priorities
The Executive Director will:
- Increase the impact of the organization by providing leadership in developing and implementing goals, strategies and budget planning.
- Demonstrate financial and business acumen by analyzing, synthesizing and communicating complex data, financials, and related information to solve problems, affect change, and make decisions to move the organization forward.
- Develop and implement fundraising, marketing and public relations plans.
- Research, write and secure funding from grants and related resources.
- Build business relationships and strategic partnerships with volunteers, school districts, transplant organizations and hospitals, and state level agencies.
- Direct and coach a high performance team and influence the development of a growing, high performance organizational culture.
- Bachelor’s degree required with preferred emphasis in business, marketing, non-profit leadership or related field preferred.
- Proven financial and business acumen.
- Demonstrated success in leading and directing a smaller non-profit organization or comparable experience.
- Successful grant writing skills.
Job Title: Executive Director
Hiring Manager: Gift of Life, Inc. Board of Directors
Work Schedule: Full-time, 30 hours minimum.
Office Location: 6405 Metcalf Ave., Suite 109, Overland Park, KS 66202
Websites: www.giftdonor.org; www.learnlifesavers.com
Benefits: Paid LTD Insurance, PTO: IRA with employer match, health insurance stipend.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct inquiries to: email@example.com; 913-951-4520
Job Type: Full Time