Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors
SALARY STATUS: Exempt
The Executive Director is responsible for mobilizing community partners to develop a culture of physical and mental wellness for Lee’s Summit youth and families that inspires positive, healthy choices. This highly visible position demands ongoing community-based relationship building, assessment and support. Opportunities for growth, creativity and engagement are built into the day-to-day demands of the 35-year old coalition, ensuring a fulfilling career opportunity for a dedicated Executive Director.
- Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
- Develops and implements consistent policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Develops and implements organizational strategic plan.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for board of directors.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews with finance committee
- Retains a diverse, highly qualified team of staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Hires and supervises staff and consultants.
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Leads the Community of Character and organizes the annual Mayor’s Character Breakfast.
- Organizes and prepares the program for the Annual Meeting in November.
- Chairs committee meetings including Partnership to Prevent Risky Behaviors (PPRB) Committee; Finance Committee; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Committee; Character Council.
- Develops and maintains relationships with donors and sponsors and updates Donor Perfect donor management software.
- Works with the marketing consultant on current strategies to promote the organization, programs, fundraisers and youth events.
- Maintains membership in the Lee’s Summit Chamber.
- Maintains, updates and tracks social media accounts.
- Plans, prepares for and presents at all board.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree Required – preferably relating to education, business, management, non-profit administration, or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of non-profit management experience in an operational environment.
- 3 or more years management or supervisory experience.
- Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Flexible / adaptable to constant change.
- Strong tact and diplomacy.
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative.
- Strong communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- Exhibits excellent character, strong leadership qualities and good interpersonal skills.
Other projects of the director:
- Grant Writing
- Prevention Campaigns
- Maintain positive relations with ReDiscover Mental Health
- Public Relations/Communications/Design and Social Media
- State of the Youth Campaign
- Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Coordination of Positive Parenting Program
Prospective candidates can apply for this position by emailing their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Monte Stull.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999