Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
About HopeBUILDERS: HopeBUILDERS’ mission is to serve older adults and individuals living with a disability to provide accessibility and home repair. We envision a safe, accessible and healthy home for every Kansas Citian. We are a 501(c)3 organization that offers no-cost accessibility solutions and critical home repairs to qualified clients in the Kansas City Metro area.
Purpose: Responsible for and oversees all activities of HopeBUILDERS Home Repair, Inc (HopeBUILDERS). Reports to and works with the Board of Trustees. A non-voting member of the Board. Executes HopeBUILDERS’ mission in accordance with the strategic plan.
Overview: This is a great opportunity for a qualified candidate looking for a flexible work schedule with a growing organization in a rewarding full-time position.
- Oversees and manages all HopeBUILDERS activities including service delivery and resource development; has chief administrative responsibility.
- Serves as spokesperson for HopeBUILDERS.
- Coordinates and facilitates the governance and fund development work of the Board.
- Oversees the protection and maintenance of HopeBUILDERS’ assets.
- Develops partnerships and collaboration opportunities with organizations in the housing sector.
- Recommends to the Board changes to HopeBUILDERS policies; responsible for the implementation and execution of policies and directives adopted by the Board.
- Ensures that obligations of the organization are timely met in accordance with applicable law, insurance and funder requirements, and by-laws of HopeBUILDERS.
- Reports to the Board; helps evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of HopeBUILDERS.
Financial Management and Resource Development
- Oversees and actively participates in fund raising activities to ensure that HopeBUILDERS has the resources needed to support its budget and fulfill its mission.
- Develops and executes new resource development strategies that reflect HopeBUILDERS’ values and a desire for sustainability.
- Prepares the Annual Budget, in cooperation with the Treasurer.
- Oversees HopeBUILDERS finances and cash flows to ensure compliance with approved budget.
- Is accountable for all finances and fiscal controls.
- Implement internal systems as needed to fulfill legal and grant requirements.
Personnel Management and Human Resources
- Hires and terminates HopeBUILDERS staff; sets staff salaries.
- Implements and enforces HopeBUILDERS personnel policies.
- Supervises and directs key staff in the performance of their duties, including approval of staff job descriptions.
- Evaluates the performance of HopeBUILDERS staff members no less frequently than annually.
- All HopeBUILDERS staff are accountable to and report directly or indirectly to the Executive Director.
Delivery of Services:
- Works with program managers on the home selection process to ensure consistent and fair practices.
- Monitors repair activity to ensure quality repair of homes on schedule and within budget.
- Regularly evaluates efficiency of operation; revise procedures as needed.
- Recommend policy changes to Board.
Public and Community Relations:
- Serves as HopeBUILDERS’ spokesperson to media.
- Develops and oversees strategies to interpret the mission of the organization to the community.
- Represents HopeBUILDERS in the community and serves as HopeBUILDERS liaison with other community, professional and social service organizations.
- Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with local coalitions, partner agencies, funding agencies, and other current and potential supporters.
- Assists in developing written long-and-short-range plans for the development of the organization’s programs and services.
- Provides support to the various Board committees.
- Keeps Board informed of changes in the field of substandard housing relating to the HopeBUILDERS mission.
- Facilitates the work of the board; provides the Board with information needed for governance, evaluation, resource development, decision-making, and other roles.
- In conjunction with the Executive Committee of the Board, sets the agenda for Board Meetings.
- Assist in board member recruitment, orientation, and development.
- The position is a salaried position, requiring at least 40 hours per week, and will include some Saturdays.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in social services, public administration, business management or a related field.
- At least five years of professional experience in social services, public administration, business operations or related field.
- Commitment to the HopeBUILDERS mission, principles and guidelines.
- Experience in nonprofit administration and fund raising.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic understanding of home repair, budgeting, planning, and low-income housing policies and issues.
- Ability to:
- lead change and growth
- utilize computers and other appropriate technology in support of HopeBUILDERS
- work effectively with volunteer boards and committees
- plan, evaluate and monitor budgets
- lead, teach, train and supervise people
- organize, plan and implement activities appropriate to organizational goals
- work effectively and comfortably within and among diverse populations
- lead effectively in crisis situations
Benefits: 30 days PTO. Flexible schedule. Remote office.
Application Information: To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999