Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
In As Much Ministry is a food pantry that addresses food security for people in need within Clay County, Missouri through the generosity of the community.
The ministry was founded in 1988 and has operated as an all-volunteer organization since then. In As Much is an affiliate of Harvesters and delivers over $700,000 worth of goods and services annually. We also partner with more than twenty churches in the community. For the first time in our history, we are moving toward paid staff and a growth model to meet the food insecurity needs of our community.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation of In As Much Ministry food pantry.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the organization, including all revenue and expenses.
- Represents the organization in public settings.
- Supervises, guides, works closely with and evaluates the performance of staff members.
- Manages relationships with external agencies.
- Conducts fundraising activities.
- Hosts or conducts inspections.
- Manages internal technology, both hardware and software.
- Manages the relationship with the payroll vendor.
- Oversees maintenance of major equipment: freezers, cooler, truck, etc.
- Oversees all food acquisition, storage, and distribution.
- Oversees specialized services to clients.
- Oversees volunteer management, assignments, training and record-keeping.
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interest in or successful experience in fundraising.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Experience or strong interest in working with a Board of Directors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Additional qualities we seek in the Executive Director position:
- Demonstrate a strong sense of caring for those in need, with little tendency to judge those persons.
- Demonstrate an anticipatory view of future needs to be met by the agency.
- Enthusiastically embrace technology in the work of the agency.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for a mutually beneficial ED/Board relationship.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the work and commitment of volunteers.
- Enthusiastically welcome the opportunity to represent the organization in public settings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of the Christian mission/history of IAMM.
- Express a belief in the importance of non-profit organizations like IAMM to assist those in need.
- Recognize and express the importance of the fundraising position for its role in supporting the ongoing operation of the organization as well as the need for the fundraiser to work closely with the ED in fundraising, event planning, public relations with donors, etc.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree preferred.
At least three years of related experience preferred.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
Compensation competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
Applications should include a letter of interest, resume’, and list of three references, with contact information. References will be contacted only for the finalists.
Applications accepted until September 24.
Applications or expressions of interest should be emailed to:
President, IAMM Board of Directors
Job Type: Full Time