Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Executive Director/Head of School
Global Montessori Academy
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: GMA Board
• 2-5 years staff leadership and fundraising experience.
• Marketing experience
• Event-planning experience
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills in either the for-profit or not for profit sector.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate when speaking with Board, staff, parents/volunteers, and the general public.
• KDHE Qualified (TB test, Physical Assessment, Core Competency courses, Pediatric First Aid, and CPR)
• Budget management experience
• A degree from a four-year college or university is preferred. (An advanced degree in management, business, arts administration, or public administration is desirable)
The Executive Director will work in partnership with the Board and is responsible for the school's success. With direction and policies established by the Board, the Head of School/Executive Director will provide leadership and it is his/her responsibility to inspire, lead, and direct all aspects of GMA's operations, finances, marketing/communications, personnel, culture and environment.
1. Organization Leadership:
• Work with Program Director to produce smooth day-to-day operations and deliver high-quality, authentic Montessori education.
• Provide oversight for events and projects that align with GMA's mission and strategy.
• Consistently promote, protect and uphold the image and reputation of the organization.
• Serve as the liaison with the Board to gain commitment and support needed to ensure success of the organization.
• Report monthly, or as needed, to the Board regarding operations, projects, finances, marketing and communications initiatives and other relevant concerns or opportunities.
• Play an integral role with Board and creating development plan for School and major fundraising initiatives including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
2. Personnel Leadership:
• Assist Program Director in ensuring that GMA hires and retains high-quality staff through effective hiring, development, and retention of teachers and staff.
• Assist Program Director and Montessori consultant in setting standards for growth and performance and foster harmony amongst staff members;
• Assist Program Director and Montessori consultant in communicating regularly with staff regarding expectations, goals, and performance, including performance reviews and regular feedback throughout the year.
• Assist Program Director in providing training and mentoring to staff, planning team building for staff, and planning continuing education for staff.
• Proactively seek feedback and input from staff to improve processes.
• Identify and implement quality improvement as needed.
3. Marketing and Development
• Develop marketing strategy to recruit and retain students.
• Develop and implement robust communications strategy to promote school internally and externally.
• Oversee organization of annual fundraising and marketing events (annual school auction, capital campaign, annual open house, parenting seminars, etc.).
• Assure that all School marketing collateral is accurate and up-to-date (website, marketing brochures, etc.)
• Work with Parent Council for effective and impactful parent volunteer activities.
4. Financial Management
• Work with Board to set annual tuition rates and salary/benefit schedules;
• Develop annual budget for approval by Board,
• Develop long range financial plans,
• Monitor all GMA expenses and accounts and provide executive summaries to the Board;
• Ensure that monthly financial statements are delivered to the Board in a timely manner
• Ensure payroll
5. Plant Management
• Oversee operation and maintenance of school facilities
• Approve expenditures and recommend necessary changes and capital improvements.
• Strong leadership instinct and executive presence;
• Ability to uphold and exemplify the core values and workplace ethics of GMA;
• Solid functional, organizational and technical skills to make sound decisions for the organization;
• Strong marketing communication, marketing, and fundraising skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills to build effective relationships;
• Ability to lead and support change.; and
• Interest in Montessori education.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999