Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Interim President/Chief Executive Officer
The Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City is seeking a collaborative leader with strong business skills who is able to motivate and support the Federation staff and board, ensuring that each will function as smoothly as possible until a permanent President/CEO is onboard. S/He creates a welcoming environment and is also able to drive and support collaboration across other community organizations. S/he will be knowledgeable of non-profit organizational and community dynamics, has fundraising experience and works effectively with donors as well as a board of directors.
An excellent listener and communicator, the Interim President/CEO will guide the organization through day-to-day operations and establish a vision and goals for the 2023 fiscal year, leveraging input from the staff, board of directors and recommendations from the recent Community Study.
The Interim President/CEO will continue the momentum for implementation of recommendations from the Community Study in collaboration with other community organizations.
The Interim President/CEO will support the Financial Resource Development team’s strategy development and process implementation for 2023, leveraging experience and best practices.
The Interim President/CEO reports to the Chair of the Board, and is accountable to the board of directors and its executive committee. The Federation currently has 20 professional staff members, four of whom currently report directly to the President/CEO (the COO, CFO, Community Planning, and Security).
Duration: Beginning January 1, 2023 with anticipated duration of 4 - 9 months.
- Executive leadership experience in comparable size organization or larger. Ability to motivate and inspire.
- A successful track record of working with a non-profit board and sensitivity to volunteer-professional partnership.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for Jewish values.
- Not interested in being a candidate for the full-time CEO/President position search in 2023.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: FedCEO@jewishkc.org
Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
Interim President/CEO Success Factors
Business Management: A results-oriented professional, the President/CEO partners with volunteer and professional leadership to shape and achieve the organization’s short and long term goals and objectives, and communicates progress toward goal achievement on an ongoing basis. S/he understands fiscal policy and budget management and is accountable for results.
People Management Skills: The President/CEO is a strong manager who inspires, engages and empowers a high performing professional staff and motivates and collaborates with a strong cadre of volunteer leaders.
Inspires Others and Builds Commitment: The President/CEO demonstrates a passion for, and commitment to, Jewish life, Jewish values and the work of the Federation. S/he inspires engagement, participation and commitment from multiple stakeholders. A collaborative and innovative leader, the President/CEO successfully works in concert with others to achieve shared objectives, handling conflicts with appropriate sensitivity.
Fundraising Skills: The President/CEO has a proven record of building relationships to engage and re-engage donors, and is attuned to donor interests and concerns. S/he provides leadership and strategic direction for financial resource development encompassing high net worth individuals, gifts of significance, donor cultivation and corporate donors.
Personal Qualities and Style
- Presence and Credibility: The President/CEO is open, accessible and accountable. S/he is a warm and engaging leader who is sensitive to all viewpoints. S/he invests time and effort in maintaining existing relationships and building new ones.
- Integrity: The President/CEO demonstrates and requires fairness and honesty in personal and organizational behavior. S/he places the Federation’s goals above his/her own self-interest.
- Communicates Effectively: The President/CEO communicates in a clear and compelling style – both in writing and in person – with different constituencies. S/he actively listens and is sensitive to the ideas and concerns of others.
Job Type: Temporary