Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Kansas City Art Institute - Executive Vice President for Administration
Executive Vice President for Administration - position announcement August 2019
Kansas City Art Institute (KCAI), a national leader in professional art and design education, is seeking applications for the full-time position of Executive Vice President for Administration, encompassing the role of Chief Financial and Chief Operating Officer ( CFO / COO ).
KCAI is an undergraduate, independent and fully-accredited college of art and design founded in 1885. The college sits atop the Rockhill and Southmoreland neighborhoods, and is adjacent to the Nelson-Atkins Museum and the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art in the cultural heart of metropolitan Kansas City, MO. The college enrolls approximately 700 students regionally, nationally, and internationally. Total revenues, gains and other support totaled $31 million ( 2018 audit ). Total net assets are $122 million. The college’s consolidated endowment is approximately $ 77 million. KCAI is currently expanding, with the construction of a new student residence hall ( opening January 2020 ), the DeBruce Hall center for art history & liberal arts ( opening May 2020 ), and the conversion of an existing on-campus building to accommodate academic program growth ( opening December 2020 ). The college is strong, solvent, growing, and has an excellent future.
The EVP for Administration is responsible for the administrative, business, and fiscal management of the college, working directly with other vice presidents and directors. This position reports directly to The Nerman Family President and serves as a key member of the President’s senior leadership team. This team will conduct a strategic planning process in the coming year, focused on the organizational and financial structure of the college. In addition, the new EVP for Administration will have the opportunity to hire management positions in human resources and the business office. S/he is on the President’s Cabinet and serves as liaison to multiple Board committees. This position supervises the following departments: business office, security, human resources, information technology, plant services and facilities.
- Establish and lead a collaborative and transparent budget process involving the Cabinet and President.
- Review and provide regular budget updates to the President, Cabinet and present at Board committees and meetings.
- Serve as liaison to the Finance & Audit, Investments, Retirement Plan and Facilities committees of the Board of Trustees, and the relevant faculty committees.
- Work with college investment advisor on endowment investments to ensure proper management of endowment funds, and review investment activities with the President and Investments Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Work with appropriate banks for institutional lending and other institutional business as needed.
- Manage the 2018 bond offering covenants and payments.
- Work with Admissions and enrollment management consultant to establish enrollment targets and financial aid models as relevant to the annual budget.
- Work with college Advancement / development team on regular reporting and management of endowed and designated funds.
- Maintain and supervise the accounting and financial reporting systems, in accordance with generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Serve as liaison with independent auditors for annual audits of the college.
- Manage all contract services related to areas of responsibility.
- Work with KCAI’s general counsel on legal matters.
- Work with the human resources director ( currently open position ) to oversee the employee benefits program and wage and salary administration.
- Administer the institutional insurance program.
- Responsible for completing reports required by federal and state agencies as well as those required for reaccreditation.
- Measure success of outlined and approved goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a CPA designation and MBA preferred.
- Must have strong accounting and fiscal management skills, including budget modeling.
- A minimum of 10 years of accounting/management experience preferred.
- Professional experience in the education sector required, with higher education experience preferred.
- Not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage others.
- Possess strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use latest computer equipment and programs in use at the college. Including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Gmail and Google suite
- Advanced Excel knowledge including charts, and budget spreadsheets
- Jenzabar or experience with other campus information system
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, with strong collegiate characteristics.
- Honesty, integrity and high ethical standards are required.
- So are a positive disposition and good sense of humor …
KCAI promotes a culture of inclusion and diversity, for more information visit www.kcai.edu.
Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience. The college offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees including 100% employer-paid insurance and a 5% retirement match for eligible participants.
Applications deadline and procedures:
The priority application deadline is Monday, August 26. This position is open until filled. Applications received during the on-campus finalist stage of the search are not guaranteed consideration.
Apply by email to: email@example.com
Attach to the email in PDF format only:
Letter of application with your salary expectations
Short statement regarding relevant experience and your approach to financial and administrative success in an institution of higher education.
List of 3 professional references we may contact
Complete application submissions will be acknowledged by return email.
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kansas City Art Institute is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
KCAI provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in the job application process. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact the Human Resources Department about your interest in employment. Any questions or concerns can be directed to Kansas City Art Institute’s Human Resource Administrator at email@example.com .
KCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets
Job Type: Full Time