Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
President & CEO
The Lee’s Summit, Missouri Chamber of Commerce is seeking a new President; a self-motivated, results oriented, accomplished head of the Organization who knows how to lead by example, is adept in close-knit, all-hands-on-deck team management, strategic plan execution, communication, and stakeholder influence. The President is the Chief Executive Officer of the Chamber and is hired by and reports to the Chamber's Board of Directors. The President is responsible for the day-to-day management of all the Chamber's functions, carrying out the vision and policy established by, and in concert with the Board through an annual Program of Work and multi-year Strategic Plan. Experienced staff members report directly to the President and work out of the Chamber office.
WHO WE ARE:
The Lee’s Summit Chamber is a 5-Star Accredited Chamber with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. This prestigious honor reflects our commitment to the highest standard in promoting strong business practices, community leadership, and pro-growth policies. We are passionate about creating opportunities for business success through networking, advocacy, and professional development. We are a catalyst for the economic growth and prosperity in the Lee’s Summit community. The Lee’s Summit, Missouri Chamber of Commerce represents over 1,000 members in a growing population within the Kansas City Metropolitan area.
You lead by example and see the bigger picture. You motivate a staff, the Board, and membership by owning the process and outcomes with purpose, vision, and results oriented daily routines. You serve as the spokesperson or “face” of the Organization in the community. You are committed to the success of the City of Lee’s Summit and its businesses. You help cultivate a well-crafted vision and lay out tangible goal-oriented steps for success. You understand how businesses operate and place a strong emphasis on being current on local business policies, trends and challenges. You make timely, informed and thoughtful decisions, always with your constituencies in mind. Balancing multiple viewpoints, and communicating your rationale is your strength. You excel in and embrace the challenge of managing and recruiting diverse teams with a blend of different styles, perspectives and experiences.
Within the limits of Chamber's bylaws and policies established by the Board of Directors, the President shall, with appropriate delegation, be responsible for the following:
- With the Board, develop and carry out a strategic planning program that clearly communicates the Chamber's vision and mission to the membership and community
- Recruit, hire, train, and motivate staff while maintaining an effective personnel program, which includes job descriptions, performance appraisals, incentive programs, and salary negotiation
- Establish and oversee administrative policies and procedures for all office functions
- Continuously evaluate the Chamber's organizational structure and ensure it functions at an optimal level
- Prepare and oversee the annual budget and explain monthly financial statements to the Board, with detailed information upon request to ensure financial prudence
- Lead an effective platform of membership recruitment, retention, development, and value-add programming
- Oversee effective communications, public relations, tourism, and community branding campaigns
- Maintain an effective governmental relations program to represent the interests of the Chamber
- Plan and coordinate Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings
- Professionally and synergistically co-exist and cooperate with competing interests such as other local Chambers, Development Councils, and non-profit Organizations
- Maintain the legal integrity of the Chamber
- Identify and communicate critical issues that may impact the Chamber and its members
- Effectively assess all events, committees, and communications of the Chamber, ensuring quality programing and execution
- Minimum of 5 years of inspirational leadership experience with demonstratable high-level execution, and team member development and retention
- Strong working knowledge of a Chamber or similar non-profit entity to include core principles of staff and volunteer management, program administration, and strategic plan execution
- Strong communication and public relations skills coupled with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Considerable working knowledge of and comfort with budget preparation, accounting, and administration
- History of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a Board, staff, committees, elected officials, outside Organizations, and community at large
- Basic knowledge of state and local government operations
- Sales & fundraising experience; specifically related to sponsorships, partnerships, and donations
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, or comparable experience
- Exuding the “it” factor who naturally can serve as the figurehead of our Organization
- Graduate of Institute for Organizational Management
- 10 or more years in non-profit, preferably, Chamber leadership
- Advanced knowledge of state and local government operations
- Passion, affection, and commitment to Lee’s Summit
Review of applications will begin immediately. To apply, send resume with cover letter describing interest and salary requirements by noon, Friday, December 20th to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lee’s Summit, Missouri Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full Time