Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty (MADP), a non-profit social justice organization whose purpose is to repeal the death penalty, is seeking a motivated, experienced individual to lead our repeal campaign. MADP has a unique structure of organizations, groups and individuals across the state untied in our efforts to end the death penalty. MADP is a state affiliate of the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty. See www.madpmo.org for more details.
The Director will provide intensive support, capacity building, strategy and campaign development for the state coalition. The position will require travel within the state.
- Taking direction from, and in collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Director will provide direct assistance to the statewide campaign to halt executions by: ?
--- ?Developing strategy, messaging, framing, and materials based on statewide strategy
--- Conducting workshops, planning sessions, advising on strategy, and developing monthly, quarterly and annual work plans
--- Helping launch and coordinate intensive campaigns to take advantage of political moments, as appropriate
--- Providing leadership in state legislative efforts, such as lobbying and other appropriate activities
--- Cultivating and maintaining relations with news media and other public relation opportunities
- Fund raising: securing funding sources through grant writing and donor development
- Communicating and maintaining relationships with national groups including the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, Equal Justice USA, and others
- Maintaining statewide communication through MADP membership, MADP database, website, newsletter, and social media
- Performing regular office duties, supervising staff and coordinating volunteers
- Working with special constituencies, e.g. victims' families
- Strengthening the effectiveness of MADP by working to enhance and grow the chapters and by assisting in the development of new chapters.
- Commitment to abolition of the death penalty
- Experience with issue-based grassroots organizing and/or campaign coordination
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including messaging and producing materials
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with the competing demands and demands from different constituencies
- Experience with training, facilitation, and/or strategic planning
- Grassroots/donor fundraising experience and grant-writing experience
- Computer literacy, including electronic communications, Microsoft applications; desktop publishing, website/social media, etc.
- Ability to work with others, take initiative, meet deadlines, and offer both macro and micro approaches
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directed, while staying regularly connected to the board
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, individuals and communities
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references to: Jude Huntz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 6320 Brookside Plaza, Suite 185, Kansas City MO 64113. Review of applications will begin Aug. 15. MADP is an Equal Access, Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Target start date: Oct. 1, 2019, negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999