Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Assistant Facilities Manager
Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job PostingAssistant Facilities Manager
Under the direction of and in collaboration with Facilities Manager, the Assistant Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the physical facility of Rose Brooks Center. This includes understanding and providing support for safety, security, and health activities and performing necessary maintenance to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for residents and staff. Communicating with staff on facility related matters, coordinating planned maintenance activities, managing minor renovation and construction projects, negotiating with vendors and contractors, and coordinating volunteer projects. For more information visit, www.rosebrooks.org.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to provide proof of automobile insurance and satisfactory driving record according to Rose Brooks Center’s standards.
- Two years facility maintenance experience to include; general carpentry, painting and building repair skills, basic knowledge of electric, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, and operation of grounds keeping equipment, preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving ability with day to day facility needs and demonstrated resourcefulness.
- Ability to work in cooperation with other staff to include regular communications with staff, policies and procedures to ensure all facilities maintenance.
- Ability to work independently or as a team with minimal oversight or direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Self-motivated, and be able to delegate tasks as needed.
- Solid organization and time management skills.
Physical and Mental Demands/Working Conditions – ability to perform the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to be in a stationary/standing position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to regularly move about both inside and outside of facility to access facility grounds, use equipment, tools and machinery, etc.
- Regularly works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Able to move items (furniture, equipment, boxes etc.) weighing up to 25 pounds across facility. Occasionally lifts items up to 25 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet.
- Able to position self by stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling to perform work throughout the facility.
- Regularly uses pulling and pushing motions with equipment and machinery (carts, lawn mower, snow blower, etc) to perform job responsibilities.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder.
- Proficient with some Microsoft Office software to perform job responsibilities.
- Ability to learn technical or mechanical material.
WORK HOURS:This position is scheduled full-time, 40 hours per week, regularly scheduled Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. Occasionally, evenings/weekends may be required to fulfill emergent needs.
To Apply: Send resume to: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Or mail to: Human Resources P.O. Box 320599 Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to Verification of prior employment and Background Checks
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.
Job Type: Full Time