Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Wayside Waifs is Kansas City's largest and most comprehensive no kill pet adoption campus. Since 1944, we have been working diligently to partner pets and community for life. Wayside Waifs strives to enrich the lives of abandoned, abused and homeless animals until they find a new family home. We care for more than 6,500 animals every year. Wayside is a private, independent, nonprofit 501 (c)(3) charity with no government funding. We depend on the generosity of the community to continue our life-saving work.
Support the Facilities Team at Wayside Waifs by providing preventative maintenance and repair to the Organization’s buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment. Assist the Facilities Team by proactively and efficiently maintaining the physical plant of Wayside Waifs, as directed by the Facilities Manager. Assist Pet Memorial Services department with tasks as needed and transport deceased pets from area veterinary clinics to Wayside Waifs for cremation.
- Perform minor repairs to Wayside Waifs’ plant and equipment including, but not limited to:
- Filter changes and coil cleaning
- Scheduling and/or performing light automotive maintenance
- Gutter cleaning
- Assist Pet Memorial Services department including, but not limited to:
- Mowing grass
- Snow removal
- Digging/preparing pet grave sites
- Setting headstones
- General upkeep of cemetery
- Transport of deceased animals
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manage
- Must demonstrate initiative, common sense application and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure at times
- ?Must possess a positive attitude and good customer service skills
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. to waist height
- Must be flexible and available to work some evenings, weekends, or holidays if necessary
- Be able to work with exposure to outside weather conditions
- Significant amount of kneeling and standing during a typical day, exposure to animals, animal smells and airborne particles
- Noise level is moderate to high
- Exposure to animal waste
- Current driver license and clean driving record required
- High School degree or GED equivalent
- Medical, Dental, Life, Vision and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) - Paid Time Off (Vacation and Sick Time)
- Six and a half paid Holidays.
To view the job description in its entirety, and to apply for this position online, please visit our website at www.waysidewaifs.org. You may also email your resume, cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Wayside Waifs provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in all aspects of employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.Prior maintenance experience preferred