Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Facility Assistant - Overland Park Campus
Colonial Presbyterian Church is seeking a team member to join the Overland Park Campus as our Facility Assistant. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who takes initiative at work. The selected individual will assist in managing the day-to-day facility operations of the Church. Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks and exposure to hazardous chemicals. Strong ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines is a must. Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling greater than 40 pounds is a requirement of the position. Ability to be on feet and walk for long periods of time is required. This is a full-time job opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate as a team to perform room set-ups, ensuring that specific details of each event request are met.
• Ensure all repair needs for the campus are identified and completed by you or by others.
• Supplement outsourced cleaning services as needed.
• Supplement outsourced snow removal service.
• Perform general security duties on campus.
• Responsible for daily interoffice mail run for both campuses as needed.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• Possess excellent people skills as will be working with and serving many different groups of people
• Previous facility work experience is preferred.
• Ability to coordinate, work with, and oversee volunteer groups doing work projects on the campus
• Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, i.e., 6- and 8-foot tables, stacks of chairs, etc.
• Ability to interact with Colonial Presbyterian’s neighbors, congregation, staff, and the public effectively and with a Godly, respectful attitude that reflects favorably upon Colonial.
If you are excited to work in the Kingdom and want to learn more, please apply on-line or send your resume and cover letter to attention Human Resources Director.
Job Type: Full Time