Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Reports to: Supervisor of Maintenance and Grounds
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Shift: Monday-Friday (7am-3:30pm but may vary due to emergencies)
Job Purpose: The maintenance worker is responsible for the general maintenance, repair, and upkeep of our buildings, facilities, and equipment, ensuring safety and security.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Generate and complete work orders as assigned.
- Painting – interior/ exterior, prepare and painting surfaces with latex, oil, epoxy, or specialty paints.
- Door hardware – repair/replace handles, hinges, closers, etc., maintain key and card access security.
- Electrical – install/repair switches, outlets, motion controls, fixtures, etc.
- Plumbing – install/repair toilets, faucets, drains, shutoff valves, etc.
- Carpentry - build/repair walls, installation/finishing drywall, and install/repair suspended ceilings.
- Flooring – Install/repair VCT, ceramic, and carpet
- Maintains grounds clean and orderly, including snow removal, weeding, mowing, trimming, mulching, and flower beds.
- Assembles and moves furniture and equipment as needed
- Sets up and breaks down tables, chairs, and other equipment for events
- Responds to, reports, and removes any safety hazards
- Answers to any emergency cleanups such as clogged drains
- Reports and repairs damage to property
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Automotive - basic auto repair and maintenance.
- Secures facilities by locking doors, closing windows, and setting alarms when needed
- 24 Hour On-call response as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or GED, required
- Possession of a valid driver's license required
- Knowledge of methods used in maintenance and building repair required
- Basic understanding of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems required
- Experience using hand and electrical tools required
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Ability to consistently maintain a professional demeanor
- Minimum two years' maintenance experience in an office or school setting, preferred.
- Knowledge of community diversity and cultural dynamics.
- Ability to work in a non-judgemental way with a diverse range of people, maintaining a respectful and inclusive culture.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The employee may be required to spend time both inside and outside the buildings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The employee may also be exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Guadalupe Centers serves a diverse population, including children, adolescents, and adults, who may have mental or behavioral health problems. Consequently, all GC staff must demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, and appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression, unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions and inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable behaviors for our employees.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, dexterity, agility, balance, and crouching. While performing the duties of this hob, the employee is frequently will turn or twist the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sometimes push or lift items to 40 pounds without assistance. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, such as reading handwritten or typed material and adjusting focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
This job description intends to provide a representative summary of the essential functions required of the position given this title. It should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular job. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring department. The hiring department's specific job-related responsibilities shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
GUADALUPE CENTERS, INC. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities' individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Job Type: Full Time