Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Advisor Services Specialist
This position is responsible for daily coverage of client needs related to investments. This includes inquiries via telephone, email or other correspondence. This role will also assist with processing paperwork required to establish any new or closed investment accounts. Will also assist with selling stock proceeds that come into the various foundations. This role is for someone who thrives through relationships as it offers frequent interactions with our clients. This role will work alongside the investment staff with ample opportunity to learn and grow into a leader on the Investment Services team.
This person must be agile, kind and efficient, and operate independently and collaboratively in a manner consistent with the values of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
- Answer all inquiries related to investment services by telephone, email or other correspondence.
- Provide recommendations/suggestions to Senior Leadership Team on transactional areas, data, manual processes.
- Assist with new/closed/changes to investment accounts.
- Work with institutions to get online access once the account is opened.
- Ensure investment accounts are set up or closed in the software database.
- Assist with stock gifts coming into the foundation and research any unknown gifts that are received.
- Follow-up with clients and staff with investment activity requests across a variety of software platforms.
- Troubleshoot client issues.
- Act as internal point of escalation for operational issues.
- Manage internal errors and interact with advisors to resolve errors.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and/or deemed necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form, with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand/learn finance and investment concepts which often relates to back-offices processes at financial firms.
- Ability to work well under pressure, including identifying and quickly resolving problems.
- Strong, detail-oriented multi-tasker that consistently meets deadlines.
- Process-driven, with the ability and desire to learn new systems.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, math/statistics or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Course work in finance is a plus.
Strong degree of computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
Must be able to regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal while sitting for long periods of time. Required to communicate and interpret detailed information orally. Employee is required to have visual acuity to properly prepare and analyze assigned work. Typical indoor office environment with moderate noise level, frequent interruptions and fast work pace.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999