Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
This position functions mainly to voucher payments, data enter/account for transactions within QuickBooks, and ensure accurate, timely payment for all expenses for EPEC. This position description is intended to act as an outline of skills and competencies deemed necessary to be successful in this role within the current office/program environment and structure. An appropriate candidate will understand, anticipate, and adapt to developing organizational needs.
Wage Range: $19.00 - $23.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of program policies and procedures
- Prepare payments and deposits weekly or more frequently as needed
- Retrieve Invoices and Receipts from electronically maintained accounts such as utilities, leasing, software, marketing, etc. as necessitated by billing cycles
- Receive, record, and relay financial correspondence and prepare deposits as necessary
- Reconcile weekly sales reports and cash drops to credit card processing reports and statements
- Collect, file, and record W-9s from vendors and contractors
- Copy, print, scan and accurately prepare financial documents and packets as requested
- Assist in maintenance of hard files and conversion to cloud-based filing
- Provide guidance to coworkers regarding billing codes and allocations
- Communicate with budget administrators concerning bill status as needed
- File monthly sales taxes for each location
- In tandem with the Operations Assistant, prepare, distribute, and record weekly stipend disbursements for up to 30 students
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Provide financial reporting, budget customization, and analysis using QuickBooks, Excel, and other financial tools
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested by supervisor
- Complete all areas of responsibility in compliance with program code of conduct and confidentiality policies
- Be a contributory team member in a positive/productive manner
- Demonstrate commitment to mission, values and policies in the performance of daily duties
- General administrative duties such as copying, scanning, and filing.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Work with development and communications staff to prepare grant specific financial documents, donor restricted funding reports, and more.
- Provide general, accounting procedure guidance to coworkers
- In all areas and responsibilities, work collaboratively with peers, students, and program partners to achieve agency goals in a manner reflective of the mission of EPEC Inc
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent coursework; Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- 3+ Years of QuickBooks experience, including one year of QuickBooks Online experience
- Non-Profit experience preferred
- Occasional lifting up to 30lbs
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Ability to set and maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others as well as through professional, written communication
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and recordkeeping skills, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Precipitate a perception of responsibility, reliability, and trustworthiness
Necessary Physical/Mental Abilities:
- Ability to meet firm deadlines within a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational change
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to identify information needed to clarify a situation and seek that information from appropriate sources
- Ability to function effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation
- Ability to identify what needs to be done and do it before being asked or before the situation requires it
- With respect to conflicting priorities and allotted timeframes, do more than is normally required in a situation
Job Type: Part Time