Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Chief Financial Officer
EmberHope Youthville is seeking applicants for our full-time Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position, located in Newton, Kansas.
To be a successful Chief Financial Officer you must become able to do the following always:
- Follow Agency Policy and Procedure
- Operate according to the Department Operations Manual
- Meet departmental goals and/or outcomes.
- Responsible for oversight of the agency financial, budgeting, accounts payable and receivables with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and cash flow for existing programs and new sites, for oversight of the agency internal audit and financial accreditation compliance functions.
How you will spend your time in this job:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides strategic direction and has executive responsibility for the following
25% Direct and Supervise - Provide direction and Supervision to Controller.
20% Budgets - Train and assist various personnel on budget preparation; prepare and present to Board of Directors and/or CEO the annual fiscal budgets for approval. Consult with various personnel on comparison of actual results versus budget and accountability for differences. Ensure that budgets are in alignment with long range planning.
20% Finance - Ensure Agency's fiscal functions meet business plan objectives and GAAP. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory interaction. Oversee and advise on cost and reimbursement strategies. Participate in contractual negotiations. Utilize and promote the use of agency financial software systems. Oversee revenue cycle function.
15% Audit - Oversee the internal audit functions and design/implement internal control system.
10% Executive Leadership Team - Attend meetings and participate in Executive Leadership Team meetings; consult with other team members on preparation of cost proposals to the Team or to external entities; train other team members on financial planning and cost benefit analysis.
5% Financial Management - Ensure department operates within budget and consistent with Board policies.
5% Board of Directors - Attend meetings of, respond to, and provide information and advice for Finance Committee and Board of Directors. Carry out directives and decisions
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- A minimum of three years of accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility. Prefer non-profit accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant in the State of Kansas and/or Certified Management Accountant.
- Physical working requirements - Ability to travel, driving agency or personal vehicle including at night. Ability to do occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. Able to walk up stairs. Ability to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Employee is subject to outside environmental conditions occasionally; inside conditions frequently, with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $100,000 and over