Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Finance
The Director of Finance is responsible for the organization’s banking, financial record-keeping duties, audit preparation, investment management, and serves as staff liaison for the Finance Committee, Audit Committee and Investment Committee. This position also oversees for all of RMHC-KC’s Information Technology functions.
A Day in the Life of the Director of Finance:
- Oversees financial operations of RMHC-KC
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Prepares timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to staff, committee members and the Board of Directors
- Oversees all audit, tax and internal control operations
- Leads the development of the annual operating budget as well as all project/campaign budgets
- Oversees the compliance of the 401K plan and ensures investment performance completed annually
- Ensures adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Oversees insurance and risk management
- Coordinates all information technology functions – hardware and software for the organization
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three (3) to Five (5) years relevant work experience directing non-profit finance operations
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and Google applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Docs, Sheets as well as an ability to quickly learn and operate agency volunteer databases applications
- Fluency with accounting system software. Prior experience with The Financial Edge software, preferred
- Personal skills that include composure, communication, negotiation, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong desire to work with people
- Ability to work independently and initiate solutions to problems
- Interest in working with families and children
- Ability to pay close attention to details with the capability to oversee multiple areas simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle difficult situations with discretion, confidence and compassion
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has helped millions of families with sick children find comfort and support when they need it most. Our programs, tailored to meet the urgent needs of each community, can now be found in more than 65 countries and regions across the globe.
Since 1974, RMHC has created programs that strengthen families during difficult times. RMHC provides vital resources and compassionate care to children and their families being served by leading hospitals worldwide. Core RMHC programs — Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles — provide access to health care and enable family-centered care.
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illness on children and their families. We do this by keeping families close to their sick children when they are receiving medical care at Kansas City-area hospitals. On any given night, RMHC-KC serves 87 families. Last year, we provided lodging to 8,200 families and supported more than 40,000 visits from inpatients and their families at our Ronald McDonald Family Room within Children's Mercy. By providing a comfortable place to stay, warm meals and other supportive services, RMHC-KC works to keep families together during a difficult time. Families staying at RMHC-KC will experience a safe, peaceful environment so they can focus on what's most important: their child's health.
For over 39 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City has helped alleviate the worry and expense of finding a close, comfortable and affordable place for families to stay while their child receives the medical care they need. That can make a world of difference to a child bravely battling an illness or recovering from a serious injury.
Reasons to Join Our Team:
- We Put Families First – All things begin with our families so we are committed to treating our guests better than they expect by being courteous and kind. We are all ambassadors and smile a lot.
- We Give Our Best – We value positive and professional attitudes. We believe personal energy and drive help overcome organizational challenges and take advantage of improvement opportunities in resourceful and accountable ways.
- We Are Compassionate and Respectful - We act in caring and inclusive way towards all guests, volunteers and co-workers, regardless of individual differences. We honor and celebrate the diversity our people and our programs.
- We Collaborate – We support one another in the delivery of our mission. Team is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best for our guests. Communication is highly valued.
- We Celebrate – We cheer each other on and encourage the success of others. We focus on appreciating and recognizing wins.
Job Type: Full Time