Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Finacial Empowerment Specialist -Lawrence & Topeka locations
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2029006/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Specialist-Financial-Empowerment
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing intensive case management services and financial education to individuals and families in need through financial strengthening programs. Provide direct service including: needs assessment, intensive case management services, financial coaching, monitoring appropriate action plans, and information and referrals to internal programs and community resources. EEO.
- Provide wrap around strength-based case management for all assigned financial empowerment programing that includes completing assessments, developing a stabilization plan for all families and assisting clients in identifying and monitoring measurable and achievable goals with appropriate action steps.
- Provide financial empowerment specific services including: budget coaching, credit coaching, financial education, etc. Maintain confidentiality of all clients. Monitor progress of families enrolled in the program through regularly scheduled visits. Home visits may be required.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in record keeping. Maintain case file for each client with appropriate documentation per guidelines and enter all necessary information into data system. Accurately track and input data for service recipients and prepare monthly reports using monthly report form.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base of Catholic Charities programming. Seek out and maintain community relationships to recruit potential candidates for financial empowerment programing and community resources. Provide assistance as needed through available internal and external referral. This includes public speaking and participating in community meetings and events.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with team members, supervisor and program participants.
- Participate in monthly staffing of cases to offer support and insight for additional resources
- Work with Asset Development Program Manager to expand financial empowerment programming as needed
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- College degree in human service field. BSW/MSW preferred
- Experience in strength-based case management with an emphasis on budget coaching and monitoring finances
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and goals. Prefer experience working both independently and as part of a team
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable car and vehicle insurance
- Must have hands-on ability to work with computer programs to include a proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams and the Internet.
- Strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to travel between sites and be flexible with scheduling meetings which may include evenings
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments. Homes of those we serve, may include stairs and various living conditions
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time