Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
OMNI is honored to be retained by Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) in the search for their next Finance Director. This highly responsible management position will provide financial and grant management leadership and expertise to enable MARC to advance important regional goals and initiatives.
MARC is the nonprofit association of city and county governments and the metropolitan planning organization for the bistate Kansas City region. The organization promotes and supports cooperation from diverse stakeholders to address the most important regional issues, including transportation, community development, environment, emergency services, aging, and early learning. MARC creates a space for the Kansas City region to come together to find and implement solutions that create a community people are proud to call home.
The Finance Director will serve as a trusted business advisor to executive leadership while providing direction for MARC’s 2022 budget of $85M and a 2023 budget of $109M, and managing a team of 12. This role is ideally suited for a strategic and innovative finance professional with broad-based business acumen, strong leadership abilities, and experience making impactful, executive level business decisions.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Finance Director will lead a team of high performing finance professionals, and with them, will plan, organize, coordinate and perform comprehensive financial activities of the organization, including:
- All regular financial processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, journal entries, bank reconciliations, fixed assets.
- Development, implementation and ongoing management of organization wide and department financial policies and procedures. Make recommendations on streamlining processes while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Administration of the financial management system, the budget software system and provide input and guidance on other technology tools used in support of MARC’s financial and organizational work.
- Preparation of the annual comprehensive financial report to include reviewing year end accounting records, making adjusting journal entries, preparing audit reconciliations, schedules and the management discussion and analysis.
- Completion of the biweekly payroll, benefits process, benefit updates, and salary changes, including compliance with internal policies and governing regulations such as FLSA and tax issues.
- Support internal programs through the management of over 150 active federal, state and private grants. Ensure compliance with Uniform Guidance, reporting and other unique grant requirements. Troubleshoot issues.
- Coordination of the budget process including managing the budget software, verifying data, developing systems for and compiling data.
- Preparation of the annual Indirect Cost Allocation Plan proposal and ongoing analysis of Indirect costs and revenues.
- Investment of MARC funds.
- Analysis of financial operations, including analyzing and forecasting budget capacity for organizational programs and needs; making recommendations for the Long-Term Contingency fund, monitoring revenues and expenditures and making recommendations for improvements and modifications to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Support and/or lead special projects related to financial issues of the organization.
MARC encourages diverse candidates to apply and will consider a combination of life and career experience in lieu of the preferred qualifications listed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance, Accounting or closely related fiscal field.
- Master’s degree and/or Certified Public Accountant, CMA or CPFO designation strongly preferred.
- Experience managing professional finance staff required.
- High level of expertise and aptitude for technology applications including Excel and financial management systems.
- At least 7 years of relevant, progressively responsible experience, preferably in the non-profit/government community, with experience in budgeting, forecasting, grant management and financial reporting.
We appreciate your referrals to professionals who may have an interest in this outstanding opportunity. Please direct all inquiries to:
OMNI Human Resource Management
Michelle Anderson, Vice President of Executive Search – email@example.com | 913-653-8067
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time