Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager of Aging Administrative Services
The Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) is seeking a highly-organized and mission driven professional to serve as the Manager of Aging Administrative Services. This position is responsible for the fiscal and contract management of all activities in the Aging and Adult Services Department. The right person for this role will be both strategic and detail-oriented. They will serve as an internal thought leader to help bring ideas to fruition; have experience in federal and state grant administration, specifically the Older Americans Act; have strong skills in project management and a commitment to quality and excellence; and a background in financial management.
MARC, the association of local governments and metropolitan planning organization for the bi-state Kansas City region, promotes and supports cooperation on regional issues, including transportation, the environment, our workforce and economy, aging services, community development, quality early learning, public safety communications and emergency services. The Department of Aging and Adult Services manage an array of programs that are designed to strengthen support systems for the region’s most vulnerable residents, including older adults and disadvantaged populations, and also to promote healthy, active lifestyles and nutrition for area residents. MARC has a collaborative work environment with a culture based on integrity, innovation, diversity and inclusion, excellence in performance and service leadership.
What You’ll Do
- Serves as the fiscal manager for the MARC Area Agency on Aging (AAA), including prepares, updates and performs timely reviews of the annual Older Americans Act (OAA) Area Plan budget, including all financial information and schedules. Maintains a record of revenue funding streams and expenditures. Develops project priorities, evaluation criteria, and data analysis for the community services component of the Missouri five-county area plan. Provides financial status and projections by funding stream and program to the Director of Aging and Adult Services.
- Manages financial performance across all Aging Department programs and extending to MARC’s 9-county region (Kansas/Missouri). Sets targets and creates projections aligned with programmatic requirements, goals, and sustainability. Identifies risks and opportunities related to service delivery and financial resources. Establishes the appropriate rate for services.
- Leads the competitive procurement of services including RFPs for independent contractors, community-based organizations, and private service providers. Develops methods for selecting candidates and evaluating them. Manages the development, negotiation, and execution of contracts.
- Ensures that all required reporting is completed on all programs, including client tracking and service utilization. Acquires and translates service data into regular State and Federal performance reports.
- Coordinates and participates in state monitoring activities, responds to audit requests, and ensures the completion of any other reporting required by other funders.
- Develops policies and procedures, as well as financial strategies, as a member of the Aging and Adult Services Department management team. Serves as an advisor to the Director of Aging.
- Manages two Aging Systems Specialist positions. Encourages open communication and solicits feedback from employees to motivate and lead them. Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork. Ensures that work is allocated in a way that maximizes the strengths of the staff and that workflow is efficient. Promotes professional growth by coaching and requiring professional development. Serves as a leader who motivates team members and inspires them to achieve their goals.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other MARC departments on integrated projects.
- Five to seven years of relevant, progressively responsible experience, including two to three years of financial management and two to three years of supervisory and managerial experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, public administration, or a related field.
- Ability to understand requirements and regulations for grant administration at the federal and state levels. Experience with the Older Americans Act and/or Medicare is strongly preferred.
- Proven fiscal management experience, including developing budgets, conducting financial analysis, forecasting, and maintaining records. Knowledge of accounting theory, principals and practices is also required. GASB knowledge/experience preferred.
- Contract management and procurement experience, including the fulfillment of all reporting requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; including the ability to write clear reports, communicate findings, and articulate proposals.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple demands.
- Advanced user of Excel and Office 365, and the ability to learn and use different platforms of service.
Note for applicants: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. If you think you have the skills for the job, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of the listed qualifications.
Salary and Benefits
The hiring range for this position is $85,000 to $115,000 per year, depending upon qualifications. MARC offers an attractive team-oriented work environment, along with a competitive fringe benefit package. MARC employees also have the flexibility to work remotely for up to two days per work week.
How to Apply
We appreciate your suggestions or referrals to professionals who may have an interest in this outstanding opportunity. Formal interest accepted through the OMNI Executive Career Portal. Please direct all inquiries to:
Meredith Hauck, Senior Consultant – email@example.com
OMNI Human Resource Management is an HR consulting firm with core lines of service in human resources consulting, talent acquisition, and outsourced payroll and benefits. Our Executive Search practice specializes in C-Level, Director, and Management level searches for small to mid-size public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $75,000 - 99,999,$100,000 and over