Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Senior Accountant - New Position - Full Time with Benefits
JOB SUMMARY: Support the organization’s day-to-day financial and accounting practices in support of established policies and procedures.
· Support a team of professionals in the provision of:
· Financial reporting
· Government grant reporting
· Financial reporting
· Reconcile accounts in the General Ledger
· Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP, along with supporting notes explaining variances from budget
· Prepare analytics and schedules as needed for the annual audit and 990
· Prepare certain revenue budgets and administrative expense budgets
· Compile agency-wide budget data and provide supporting notes
· Prepare programmatic (initiatives) budgets
· Act as Subject Matter Expert for budgeting tool (PowerPlan)
· Prepare reimbursement requests for government grant on a monthly and quarterly basis, under the direction of the Accounting Senior Manager
· Electronically deposit donation checks.
· Act as a backup for the following critical accounting functions:
· Review and posting of vendor invoices, corporate credit card charges, and employee expense reimbursements.
· Post payments from agencies to accounts receivable subledger.
· Provide excellent customer service to internal customers
· Responsible for other duties as assigned
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
· Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with coworkers, managers and customers/clients.
· Must be proficient in MS Excel skills and be comfortable with the use of general office equipment, such as copiers and fax.
· Must be comfortable spending 95% of time doing stationary work at the computer terminal.
· Must have a commitment to the mission of Harvesters.
· This position requires an understanding of all Harvesters food safety policies and compliance with all food safety related procedures.
· Experience: Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in accounting. Must be proficient in computer use including Microsoft office applications. Must be highly proficient in MS Excel and be able to work autonomously in a high volume work environment. Must have attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as partner agencies and vendors. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
· Education: Requires Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent.
· Preferred qualifications
· Education: CPA or MBA
· Experience: Five (5) years of accounting, three (3) of which were in the nonprofit industry or in industries with inventory, warehousing, and/or logistics elements.
Job Type: Full Time