Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Senior Finance Director
The American Theatre Guild, a Kansas City-based non-profit theatrical presenter, is looking for a Director of Finance to lead our finance team. The American Theatre Guild is dedicated to providing the experience of live theatre to foster passion, inspire creativity and empower youth within our communities.
- Lead the finance team in strategy and tactical capabilities. Work closely with the board of directors overseeing the development and implementation of financial systems and controls.
- Work in partnership with leadership team and board of directors, develop and implement short and long term organizational goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; ensures that operations are aligned accordingly; evaluate potential partnerships, opportunities for impact on organizational infrastructure and sustainability.
- Manage the accounting and financial operations of ATGuild, including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, financial statements, payroll vendor management, audit and tax preparation, banking, inventory, and cash flow forecasting.
- Generate regular financial statements and analyses that will allow the executive director and board to monitor program and organizational performance.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues, identify cost-saving opportunities, and provide advice. Perform cash flow analysis and planning to ensure availability of funds as needed for the operating entity and special-purpose LLC.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met and are in alignment with and achievement of organizational strategies and priorities.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by executive director and board. Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into ATGuild’s plans and operating budgets.
- Supervise the annual audit process and all financial monitoring reviews by governmental agencies.
- Create and maintain accounting system and financial operations manual.
- Ensure all mandated financial and statistical reports are filed timely.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements, through research and awareness of existing, new, or anticipated legislation, and liaise with legal counsel to advise management on needed actions or potential impacts.
We are a relatively small office with a fun, business-casual environment. We work hard, but we like to celebrate with in-office events like monthly birthday treats, our annual Office Olympics, Tony Awards Spirit Week and out-of-office celebrations like our End Of Season and Holiday parties!
The American Theatre Guild is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Erica Akridge at email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Type: Full Time