Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Annual Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000/year
Missouri Housing Development Commission (MHDC) is the Housing Finance Agency for the state of Missouri. MHDC is responsible for administering numerous federal and state housing-related programs targeted to Missourians with low- to moderate-incomes. MHDC manages significant federal and state programs to provide housing-related assistance and facilitate the development of affordable housing. As a result of the federal response to the COVID-19 pandemic, MHDC will administer Missouri’s share in federal stimulus funding, which is currently being distributed throughout the country to provide housing relief for low- to moderate-income individuals and households.
MHDC strives to be an employer of choice and offers competitive pay, flexible scheduling, life balance including generous paid time off, casual dress code, downtown location with paid parking, and extensive benefits. In addition, MHDC is a governmental employer, which may provide qualifying employment for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
- In office
MHDC is seeking a full-time senior financial reporting analyst to coordinate federal fund recordkeeping and prepare financial statements and analyses.
- Prepare monthly financial statement reports and graphs.
- Prepare monthly trend analysis.
- Coordinate federal grant record-keeping.
- Prepare financial reports for federal grants, including administrative cost reports, schedule of federal financial assistance and other analysis and detailed reports.
- Assist in coordination of federal grant reimbursements.
- Develop and maintain GP general ledger and reconcile accounts to the subsidiary ledger.
- Integrate federal funds activity to general ledger and reconcile accounts to the subsidiary ledger.
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Analyze and reconcile general accounts.
- Track and maintain federal fund commitments.
- Assist with budget preparation and periodic budget analysis.
- Prepare audit reports and disclosures.
- Participate in conferences, training sessions, and meetings related to finance and accounting.
- Review and/or revise programs to ensure compliance of operations with laws, regulations, policies, plans, and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate files and documentation as necessary or required.
- Attend and actively participate in meeting and training programs as directed.
- Provide assistance to employees, vendors, state agencies, departments, divisions and organizations in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain and protect confidential information.
- Maintain a professional relationship with others by ensuring a sense of mutual trust, concern, respect and teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 earned credit hours in one or a combination of the following: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public or Business Administration, or a closely related field; and, three or more years of professional experience in accounting or finance.
- 3 years of accounting and/or finance support
- < >Problem solving
- Decision making
- Reliability and discretion
- Planning and organization
- Time management
- < >Inventory control
- Supply management
- Project management and organization
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to operate well as part of a team or independently
- Utilize Microsoft office systems proficiently including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Openness and adaptability to quickly changing workloads and deadlines
To be considered for the position, please submit your resume and application online. Incomplete applications, including applications without salary history, will not be considered.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999