Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Bilingual Victim Advocate-Professional Programs Assistant
- Provide advocacy services for victims of crime including;
- In person, telephone and written contacts to offer services/check welfare
- Crisis intervention services
- Case information/liaison with investigators
- Referrals for services in community
- Death notifications to surviving family members of homicide victims
- Participate in 24 hour on-call rotation for on-scene crisis management/advocacy
- Respond immediately to pages 24hrs/7days while on-call
- Respond as directed to scene/hospital within 40 minutes
- Aiding investigators by responding to homicide, sexual assault, and domestic violence crime scenes and accompanying detective interviews with victims and their families
- Provide advocacy services and support to law enforcement personnel
- Remain current on trauma informed care and critical incident response training
- Log all contacts with victims via data input and tracking of contacts/services provided
- Coordinate public awareness events
- Develop and conduct community educational presentations/trainings focusing on Spanish-speaking victim issues.
- Attend community/collaborative meetings as assigned
- Translate victim-related materials into Spanish
- Interpret for Spanish-speaking only victims to assist with making police reports, or during interviews with Detectives.
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to perform duties in crisis situations
- Ability to cope with stressful work environments
- Knowledge of vicarious trauma and possession of well-developed coping skills
- Experience with victim services
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Kansas law and criminal justice process
- Knowledge of services available in community and referral processes
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines with frequent interruption
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Due to the large Hispanic population in Kansas City, Kansas and the number of victims who are Spanish-speaking only, bilingual, Spanish/English is required
- Must attend 40-hour Kansas Academy for Victim Assistance training within 18 months of hiring date
It is the policy of the Unified Government not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, sex, age or disability. All applicants for this position who do not presently hold a safety sensitive position with the Unified Government will be required to submit to a drug test after successful bid and before actual appointment.
MUST BE A RESIDENT OF WYANDOTTE COUNTY OR WILLING TO RELOCATE.
PUBLIC LAW REQUIRES ALL NEW APPOINTEES TO SUBMIT PROOF OF IDENTITY AND EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY EOE
Instructions: For a complete job description, qualifications and application instructions please visit http://www.wycokck.org/jobs/ or contact Human Resources at (913) 573-5660.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be received by Human Resources by 5pm on October 16th, 2019.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999