Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Contracted Grant Writer
Request for Proposals (RFP) for Grant Writer Arts Council of Johnson County
The Arts Council of Johnson County (ACJC) requests proposals for a grant writer to provide ongoing grant writing services and proposal/application support to ACJC on a contractual basis. Applications will be considered from individuals.
The Arts Council of Johnson County enhances the quality of life in the community by strengthening the Arts.
Since registering as a not for profit in 1992, ACJC has advocated for the arts, provided arts programming, funded educational opportunities, and amplified Johnson County’s voice in the broader metropolitan area arts discussion.
Currently, those programs include the Shooting Stars Scholarship Program, the smART Exchange,
and Veterans in the Arts.
Scope of Work
ACJC has recently adopted a new Strategic Framework, part of which calls for additional staff/ contractor support. As part of this initiative, ACJC is seeking a grant writer to manage their current applications and to seek out and apply to new grant opportunities. These grants will bolster and diversify ACJC’s funding.
This grant writer will work as an independent contractor with an expected average monthly workload of 20 hours. These hours will adjust depending on the grant cycle.
ACJC is seeking a grant writer who:
- with a proven track record of writing successful and complex proposals
- is thoroughly experienced with art focused not for profit organizations
- is familiar with Johnson County and the surrounding metropolitan area
- 2/28/2020 — RFP posted
- 4/2/2020 — Proposals due
- 4/13/2020 - 5/1/2020 — Interviews held, grant writer selected
- 5/18/2020 — Grant writer begins work
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format and include the following:
- Resumé/CV including at least three professional references, and a list of successful grant applications
- Cover letter made out to Sarah VanLanduyt.
- One example of a previous successful grant application removing all confidential and/or proprietary information.
- A detailed outline of proposed fees (all-inclusive) structured as an hourly fee.Metrics displaying success rates and dollar amounts raised.
ACJC will compensate this grant writer on a monthly basis as negotiated with the grant writer prior to acceptance of their response to this RFP.
All questions or concerns should be sent via email to email@example.com.
Statement of Non-Commitment
Issuance of this RFP does not commit ACJC to award a contract or to pay any costs incurred in preparation of proposals responding to the RFP.
Job Type: Part Time