Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Successfully promote and support the Purpose, Vision, & Mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings. Responsible for writing grants and grant reports to institutional, governmental and United Way for Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas. Maintain an active relationship with funding source contacts. Provides administrative analysis, post award services, and oversight to ensure compliance with grant requirements; serves as a resource and point of contact for finance staff and managers of grant funded programs.
- Research, writes and submits grant applications on behalf of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
- Develops and maintains, in conjunction with Director of Grants Management, a grant management schedule for all under-development, pending, and proposed funding sources.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with Grant Awarding Agencies through individual meetings, site visits and other avenues, representing the broad spectrum of agency objectives
- Develop, in conjunction with the Grants Management Team, policies and procedures in accordance with Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas regulations.
- Sends notification to Grant Awarding Agencies of significant events required for changes in grant programs.
- Operates as the liaison between the grant accountant, program manager, and awarding agency related to program compliance.
- Ongoing monitoring and oversight of grant budgets and expenditures to ensure targets are met.
- Provides regular scheduled status reports on grant implementation in conjunction with grant accountant and program reports.
- Performs site visits and/or meetings to verify compliance with guidelines related to grant award agreements.
- Works with Director of Grants Management to gather data for reports and ensure that proper maintenance of financial and program records.
- Prepare and/or coordinate program reports for submission to the granting authority according to grant guideline schedules and additional reporting as designed to steward relationships with granting authority.
- Assist the Grant Accountant in assuring that expenditures support program objectives and that budgets submitted are consistent with original grant application.
- Perform any other duties, as necessary.
- Demonstrate passion for the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
- Preserve the ethical standards of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas and the development profession
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of grant administration experience required.
- Proven track record in grant writing including but not limited to institutional, governmental and United Way requests
- Knowledge of grant administration systems, processes and budgeting.
- Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical data in the preparation of reports and correspondence to funding source.
- Understand and make inferences from written materials and/or communications with funders; interpret institutional, governmental and United Way guidelines/regulations in relationship with grant management
- Review the efforts of the agency’s funded entity to ensure compliance with funders guidelines/regulations
- Effective communication skills; written, verbal, non-verbal and presentation. Ability to listen and take direction.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Must have a valid Missouri or Kansas Driver’s License and a verified safe driving record as well as reliable means of transportation for local travel to complete services. Must provide a copy of license and insurance.
- Must be willing to live by the agency’s Values, where we are called to show Love, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Self-Control and Joy.
Job Type: Full Time