Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
KC CARE Health Center – the heart of community healthcare – offers quality, affordable, integrated health services to everyone in the community with the promise of dignity and personalized care; especially those without adequate health insurance. Headquartered in Midtown, KC CARE has three locations across the city, and serves over 20,000 people annually.
The Marketing & Development team generates diverse, sustainable income streams through fundraising and marketing activities for the sake of those who are medically vulnerable. The right candidate must possess exceptional technical writing skills, demonstrate fundraising savvy and thrive on a performance-driven, fast-paced, good-humored team.
The Marketing & Development Coordinator works on overall marketing & development initiatives of the agency. The primary focus includes writing grant proposals and managing the related aspects of grant application submissions for program areas as needed; continually researching funding opportunities for program continuation and implementation; and managing up-to-date and accurate records for funders and the agency. The position also involves offering input on strategic planning, team problem solving and marketing initiatives. The role often requires creating marketing materials of all media, and providing support related to special events.
- Degree in business, communications, public relations, journalism, English, advertising, social work, etc.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in grant writing including some marketing experience.
- Experience in health care field and solid knowledge of health care, behavioral health, case management, education and prevention services (HIV Primary care and Support Services preferred).
- Experience as lead writer on at least one federal government application preferred.
- Previous Raiser’s Edge experience preferred; database experience of some kind preferred.
- Experience with Adobe design software preferred.
- Researches, drafts and works within a team to construct well-written, persuasive applications and proposals for funding existing infrastructure and future program development.
- Continually researches funding opportunities.
- Participates in the maintenance of the grant calendar and the weekly Grant Process meeting. Tracks funding received to assist in grant management and monitoring.
- Prepares grants reports as needed.
- Serves as a clearinghouse for organizational information required for grant applications (background, history, standard forms).
- Works collaboratively with KC CARE leadership and program staff to facilitate the grants process and best represent KC CARE to the community and funders – which include a mix of federal, state and local funding as well as private funding sources and family foundations.
- Works as a member of the marketing and development team contributing, as appropriate, to overall marketing and development efforts such as contributing to strategic discussions, developing messaging strategy and creating marketing materials including annual reports, brochures, signage and newsletters.
- Supports the execution of special events through management of sponsorships and registrations, logistical planning, technology implementation, volunteer training and on-site management, as needed.
- Supports the mission and vision of the KC CARE.
- Is a team member of KC CARE; supporting other staff members and departments when needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability to work independently, self-initiate projects, prioritize workload in an organized manner, and follow through with bringing assignments to conclusion in a timely manner.
- Proven project management skills including facilitation of project teams.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and quickly adjust to change.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail as well as record keeping acumen.
- Strong computer skills along with knowledge and experience in the internet. Extensive computer knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet ongoing deadlines.
- Must be able to handle and keep extremely sensitive information confidential.
- Must be able to work for more than one individual at a time, prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules supporting fundraising events, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Intermittent physical activity includes walking, standing, sitting, lifting of office supplies
- Exposure to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
- Will be expected to work evening and/or additional hours as needed.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. KC CARE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.
Job Type: Full Time