Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Region VII Sr. Grants Specialist
The Customer Service Contract Team for the Administration for Children and Families Region 7 Office of Head Start announces a job opportunity as a Head Start Sr. Grants Specialist. The Sr. Grants Specialist's primary responsibility is to serve as a liaison with HS Grantees and provide oversight to ensure fiscal integrity of federal funds.
This position is part of a nine member team working closely with Federal Grants Specialists and requires a highly motivated individual who is familiar with the Head Start Act, Head Start Program Performance Standards, and Uniform Guidance (45 CFR Part 75).
Major Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review and Analysis of Applications, Financial Reports, and Audits.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in order to represent ACF goals, priorities and positions; negotiate on complex and sensitive issues; and resolve financial operations concerns.
- Assists in the development of, and make presentations at conference/workshops dealing with financial management matters.
- Contacts include face-to-face individual and group meetings and telephone consultation with personnel from other ACF Regional and Central Office components, HHS, and grantees. The purpose of these contact are to monitor and provide guidance and give and receive information necessary for the operation of the program.
- Provide training and oversight of contract Grants Specialists.
- Adaptable to continuous change.
Travel Requirement: 10%
Accounting knowledge preferred; but not required.
To apply for this position, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to:
BCT Partners, LLC
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999