Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Kansas City PBS is seeking a Graphic Designer. This position is responsible for creating assets that support the promotion of various products, content and initiatives housed under Kansas City PBS’ three brands. This service position must work with various “clients” across all departments within the organization as well as with outside vendors to provide art direction, timelines and ensure deadlines are met and brand guidelines are followed. Ideal candidates will possess a creative eye with an attention to detail and will be able to remain organized and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Facilitate the development and creative direction of digital, print and video materials for KCPBS, 90.9 The Bridge and Flatland.
- Know and enforce style guidelines for all three brands communicating with staff and outside vendors as needed and advising on changes to materials when appropriate.
- Employ accessibility guidelines and readability best practices in all projects.
- Work with internal clients as well as outside vendors to ensure that the project vision is realized, brand standards are kept and demonstrate a clear ability to respond accordingly to creative feedback
- Oversee graphics contractors and manage outsourced design projects to ensure brand guidelines are followed
- Source and order branded promotional items (swag) for use during membership drives as well as for engagement purposes.
- Will possess strong communication and organization skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to conceptualize projects with a variety of styles that fall in line with separate brand identities.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and other graphic design software.
- Knowledge of After Effects, VizRT, and other visual effects software.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience with broadcast graphic systems (Chyron, VIZRT, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send cover letter, resume, portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter how you learned about this position.
KCPBS is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full Time