Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Behavioral Health Care Support Coordinator
The Behavioral Health Care Coordinator (BHCC) assists with the management and delivery of services within the Behavioral Health Program at KC CARE. Objectives of the position are to support a smooth entry into services, assist with timely agency / provider communication and follow up with established clients / patients, to assist with provider schedule management and coordination, and to create an excellent customer services experience throughout these processes. Activities include answering and responding to incoming calls, emails, inquiries, and other referral sources; assisting department providers with communication follow up including placing phone calls and mailing letters; and coordinating provider schedules through scheduling, cancelling, and rescheduling appointments. In coordinating service entry, the BHCC will complete a brief behavioral health assessment to help inform treatment recommendations, and will interact with individuals experiencing mental health crisis. Excellent candidates include those who will provide friendly, compassionate customer service in what are sometimes stressful interactions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse groups of people at all levels;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer / software proficiency with programs such as MS Office products; efficient typing skills;
- Dependability; and ability to prioritize heavy workloads and work at a fast pace.
- Conducts on-site and over the phone eligibility screenings and assessments for patients referred to the Behavioral Health Program. Refers to appropriate clinical provider for more comprehensive assessment with complex cases.
- Collaborates with Behavioral Health Department staff and providers to communicate about client needs and support care coordination, individually or during regularly scheduled department meetings.
- Acts as patient and provider relations representative by answering patient inquiries, scheduling patient appointments via the telephone.
- Answers telephone, screens and directs incoming calls and messages to the appropriate party (psychiatry, clinical staff, case management, supervisor, etc.) as appropriate.
- Responsible for answering patient/client calls regarding scheduling appointments.
- Schedules patients/clients in the computer or suggests other resources if KC CARE is unable to meet the patient/client need.
- Provides and ensures high-quality customer relations.
- Records information in the Electronic Health Record to complete brief registration and schedule appointments: (i.e. name, phone number); insurance status, informs patient of accurate appointment location/time and required documents needed for the appointment.
- Facilitate rescheduling of patients/clients when clinic is cancelled, or for provider absences, by calling patients/clients within 24 hours of notification of clinic cancellation. Update scheduling software regarding all changes made.
- Ensures strict confidentiality, adhering to established HIPAA guidelines and regulations as well as Health Center policies and procedures.
- Supports the mission and vision of KC CARE, is a team member of KC CARE; supporting other staff members when needed.
- All duties as assigned by Behavioral Health Director or Senior Staff Members when required for the smooth operation of the Clinic and/or its Administrative functions. Perform other duties as assigned that are related to behavioral health programming.
- College coursework in Social Work, Psychology, related field; completed degree preferred;
- Two or more years in behavioral health / social service field preferred;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to relate to others from diverse backgrounds;
- Minimum 6 months case management or healthcare receptionist experience preferred;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Requires sufficient near-vision to be able to read document and computer screen;
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting of 10lbs;
- This position may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment;
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule as needed to coordinate and accommodate changes in staff schedules;
- May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric, dismembered and deceased patients.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The Kansas City CARE Health Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999