Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Behavioral Health Case Manager
To provide strengths-based Case Management services to individuals dealing with behavioral health, substance abuse, and dual diagnosis conditions. This individual will work collaboratively with Behavioral Health and multidisciplinary teams to serve individuals presenting with an array of biological psychological and social needs. A portion of this role will work directly with individuals who present with substance recovery / dual diagnosis treatment needs, and will include assisting with the facilitation of and/or facilitating group interventions. Additionally, the individual this role will work closely with programs in development to target integrated and non-medication management of pain.
- Provides on-site mental health and substance abuse screenings, assessment, service planning, referral, and other interventions as appropriate from a strengths perspective in the Case Management role.
- Completes a service plan targeting mobilization of clients using a strengths perspective, to affect change in the social functioning of the client through counseling, authorization and coordination of services, and through education with program participants to identify and pursue goals.
- Works with therapy and psychiatry staff to coordinate services and assist with removal of barriers towards treatment adherence.
- Assists in the development / implementation of group interventions in the treatment of substance use / dual diagnosis disorders, and group interventions targeting integrative / non-medication management of pain conditions. This position may at times be the primary lead for groups / classes.
- Collects client level data through interview, case history, multidisciplinary case consultation, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
- Accurately and in a timely manner maintains appropriate case files through the preparation of service plans, discharge plans, progress notes, etc.
- Works collaboratively with Clinic staff and local human service organizations, treatment centers, and other community based organizations in order to facilitate appropriate care coordination, information, and referral.
- Follows up to determine progress towards service plans; makes recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
- Participates in the review of departmental issues and program policies and procedures.
- Supports quality management and program evaluation activities by providing statistical information on program activities as requested by supervisor.
- Supports the mission and vision of the KC Care Health Center, is a team member of the KC Care Health Center; supporting other staff members when needed.
- All duties as assigned by Department Director or Senior Staff Members when required for the smooth operation of the Clinic and/or its Administrative functions. Perform other duties as assigned that are related to behavioral health programming.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee regularly is required to stand and move about the building.
- The employee is expected to travel by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
- Will be expected to drive to community meetings, client homes or other agencies.
- May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric and deceased patients.
- Employee will regularly have to lift up to ten pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related Field or 2 years’ experience in Case Management services;
- Minimum 6 months of related experience which may include internship and/or practicum;
- Comfortable working with substance use disorders and dual diagnosis patients;
- Comfortable assisting with the development and implementation of group interventions in the treatment of substance use and dual diagnosis disorders;
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to diverse groups of people and people on all levels.
- MO licensure as BSW or equivalent;
- Credentialed in the area of substance treatment services;
- Competency working with substance use disorders and dual diagnosis patients;
- Experience implementing group classes / interventions;
- Knowledge of opioid use disorders and their treatment.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999