Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Behavioral Health Consultant
This position, under supervision, provides a range of psychological screening, assessment, diagnostic, and brief therapeutic interventions for patients referred for behavioral health consultation. This position is located in a primary care medical setting and serves to integrate physical health with behavioral health. This position adheres to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) professional code of ethics and practice standards, or the APA Practice Standards and Code of Ethics, as applicable.
- Master's degree in Social Work or PhD in Psychology;
- Missouri licensure as Ph.D or LCSW; Minimum 6 months of directly related experience which may include internship and/or practicum;
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to clients and peers from diverse backgrounds;
- Knowledge of working with clients who have chronic health conditions, including HIV/AIDS substance abuse conditions, and trauma preferred;
- Experience in providing both group and individual therapy preferred;
- Experience providing supervision to students preferred.
- Provides on-site behavioral health screenings, assessments, consultations and referral for patients in a primary care medical setting.
- Provides brief and short-term behavioral interventions and crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides feedback regarding consultation back to primary care team.
- Works collaboratively with Clinic staff and local human service organizations, treatment centers, and other community based organizations in order to facilitate appropriate care coordination, information, and referral.
- Accurately and in a timely manner documents appropriate health records in the electronic medical record.
- Follows up to determine reliability and validity of treatment used; makes recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
- Assists in the supervision of the Clinic’s behavioral health students as needed.
- Participates in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
- Supports quality management and program evaluation activities by providing statistical information on program activities as requested by supervisor.
- Supports the mission and vision of the KC Care Health Center, is a team member of the KC Care supporting other staff members when needed.
- All duties as assigned by Department Director or Senior Staff Members when required for the smooth operation of the Clinic and/or its Administrative functions. Perform other duties as assigned that are related to behavioral health programming.
- Adaptability to accept responsibility for the participation of the medical care provided.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers, patients and families and satisfactory job performance despite the stress of a health care environment.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to attend to the needs or request of people, beyond giving or receiving instructions.
- Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint.
- Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about ideas or things.
- Ability to adapt to making generalizations, evaluations or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
- Ability to adapt to making generalizations, evaluations or decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria.
- Ability to adapt to situations requiring precise attainment of set limits/standards.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- This position may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to identify, communicate and exchange information.
- The employee regularly is required to move about the building.
- May be expected to travel to community meetings, client homes or other agencies.
- May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric traumatized and deceased patients.
- Employee may regularly have to lift up to ten pounds.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The KC Care Helath Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999