Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Behavioral Health Consultant (LSCSW or LMSW)
The Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) position evaluates and provides services and/or referrals to patients identified by their primary care providers. Identified patients are those in need of further assessment for behavioral health and case management issues, included but not limited to: depression, anxiety, oppositional or conduct disturbances, suicidal ideation, inattentiveness and hyperactivity, bullying, post-traumatic stress, substance use, severe emotional disturbances, and chronic disease management. As determined through the initial assessment, the BHC will provide direct BHC services to patients for mild or moderate behavioral health concerns, refer internally or refer out to other appropriate community partners.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
1. Assessments, evaluation, and screening for services for children and adults
2. Brief, focused counseling in the clinic for mild and moderate emotional and behavioral disturbances, as well as chronic disease management
3. Education and counseling with the family related to the child’s emotional and/or behavioral concerns
4. Complete treatment plans including goals for treatment
5. Referral to outside behavioral health services as needed for moderate to severe conditions
6. Follow up with families as needed to support treatment adherence
7. Coordination of care with the primary care providers
8. Provide ongoing treatment for behavioral health needs as appropriate.
9. Maintain documentation of assessments, screenings, treatment plans, progress notes, and documented follow up information
10. Report treatment objectives & other performance data to organization’s leadership for grant reporting
11. Participate in joint, quarterly meetings to review grant performance and outcomes
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Be a graduate of an accredited four year college or university plus a master’s degree from an accredited school of social work;
• Have an appropriate degree and licensure by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board in Kansas with a reimbursable specialty- Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW) or Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW);
• Have strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity in working with diverse backgrounds;
• Have a commitment to following all legal and ethical guidelines and standards of the profession and of Vibrant Health;
• Have a good working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence based treatments for medical and mental health conditions;
• Have the ability to work through brief client contacts as well as make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions;
• Have strong organizational skills;
• Have strong oral and written communications skills;
- Must be available to work evening(s) to meet the needs of patients and their families
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team;
• Have a good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology;
• Have flexibility in assigned working hours;
• Have the ability to speak Spanish proficiently
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999