Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Behavioral Therapist - Masonic Cancer Alliance
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is seeking a Behavioral Therapist to provide one-on-one counseling to individuals diagnosed with cancer through the use of interactive televideo technology (iTV), facilitate psycho-education groups via iTV, and support Masonic Cancer Alliance members through technical-assistance as they develop and implement psychosocial support programs in their cancer centers.
- Provide individual and group counseling for individuals impacted by a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide consultation and outreach presentations.
- Identify & develop initiatives to address the needs of MCA members.
- Develop and implement survivorship programs.
- Implement smoking cessation programs.
- Provide technical assistance to MCA members on psychosocial programs.
- Assist with grant writing to support MCA programs.
- Support professional networking calls and listserves (social workers, dietitian)
- Collaborate with researchers.
- Master’s in clinical psychology or social work, or doctorate In Counseling, Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology (ABD Considered). Doctorate from an APA accredited program preferred.
- Demonstrated competence with health psychology.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience counseling individuals with cancer highly preferred.
- Licensed as a Psychologist, Professional Counselor, or Social worker in Kansas and Missouri preferred.
- Previous experience with wellness outreach and consultation and experience utilizing interactive Televideo preferred.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
For more information or to apply, please go to: https://jobs.kumc.edu/postings/27106. Feel free to contact, Alana Estes, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999