Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Child Therapist (FT & PT available)
Kansas City, MO • Mental Health Programs
Jewish Family Services (www.jfskc.org) is hiring for Child Therapist positions, full- & part-time. The Child Therapist plays a pivotal role in growing our children’s therapy program. In the past four years, we’ve expanded our therapeutic services for children ages 2-18 with trauma-informed, evidence-based treatments.
Jewish Family Services is a dynamic agency, supporting and strengthening lives throughout Greater Kansas City for over 120 years. Our human-centered culture means our staff looks for ways to say ‘yes’ to client needs and lower barriers to accessing our programs. We served over 10,000 people in 2021, regardless of faith, age, culture, or lifestyle through our Food Pantry, Older Adult Services, Mental Health Services, Family Life Education, Chaplaincy, and more.
Position Description: JFS Older Adult Services work to empower older adults to age in community through an array of supportive services including transportation, home maintenance and care management. This role is based in our Brookside office and provides services to clients residing in their own homes in the JFS Older Adult Service Area.
- Provide therapy either in-person or virtually
- Complete assessments and treatment planning in digital caseload manager
- Document clinical transactions in a timely manner
- Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues and other providers, including presenting cases to colleagues
- Provide 50% direct service hours
- Provide case management as needed
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree and applicable licensure in social work, counseling, or psychology
- Clinical licensure is preferred, but clinical supervision can be provided for the right candidate
- Training and/or familiarity with Play Therapy, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, Child-Parent Psychotherapy, EMDR, and/or Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy strongly preferred
- Dual Missouri-Kansas licensure preferred (or reciprocity within the first year of hire)
- Experience with assessment and treatment planning skills, as well as demonstrated knowledge of the DSM-5
- Strong crisis management and safety protocol skills and experience, including mandated reporter protocols
- Willingness to actively participate in a highly collaborative and collegial work environment
- Effective caseload and time management
- Computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), client databases, and HIPAA
Environmental/Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Frequently required to sit, stand, talk, and hear
- Able to comply with JFS mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, in compliance with Federal ADA guidelines.
- Required to sit in a therapeutic setting with clients in person or on teletherapy
- Ability to work in a communal work environment· Ability to effectively use office equipment such as computer, phone, printer, copier, and fax machine.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Long & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal & Religious Holidays
- Discount Membership to Jewish Community Center (theater, fitness center, activities, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free Parking
- Paid Time Off for Volunteering
JFS’s client approach is defined by our non-discrimination policy stating clients of Jewish Family Services have a right to be treated with dignity and respect, free of all discrimination, including that which is based on race, color, religion, gender, language, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, or immigration status. JFS will make every reasonable accommodation to ensure access to our programs and services.
Guiding Principles: JFS is guided by five principles that inform how we engage with each other and the community we serve. The right candidate will be in alignment with these values:
B’Yachad - Stronger Together: We are stronger as an agency and a community when we think, work, and serve together.
Being Human-Centered: We put the human experience and perspective at the center of our thinking, programming, services, and interactions.
Collaboration: We actively seek partnering opportunities within JFS and throughout our community
Innovation & Entrepreneurship: We respond and continually adapt to ongoing needs and changes in the Greater Kansas City area.
Open Communication: We communicate openly, honestly, and in a solution-oriented manner.
EEO Statement: JFS is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates.
Job Type: Full Time,Part Time