Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Outpatient Child & Family Therapist- Jewish Family Services
Jewish Family Services (JFS) supports and strengthens lives throughout Greater Kansas City. We provide essential human services for people facing challenges in everyday life or times of crisis, regardless of faith, age, lifestyle or culture.
Jewish Family Services mental health program is growing and they are seeking a full-time Outpatient Child & Family Therapist to join their dynamic team of mental health professionals.
The therapist will provide outpatient individual and family therapy to preschool and school aged children and their families. Requires MO license as LCSW, LMFT, or LPC.
**The attachment of a brief cover letter upon application is recommended**
- Complete comprehensive assessments and treatment planning for clients using electronic record
- Provide evidence-based child and family psychotherapy
- Coordinate with other providers as appropriate
- Document all clinical transactions in accordance with agency policy and procedure
- Attend weekly counseling team and all staff meetings. Provide case presentations at team meetings
- Comply with all APA practice guidelines and standard protocol
- Periodic after hours on-call (on rotation) and some evening work
- An interest in working collaboratively with JFS counseling team, staff, and community partners
- At least two years of child mental health experience
- Warm, kind, and approachable
- Strong assessment and treatment planning skills and knowledge of the DSM 5
- Best-practice competencies in treating children and families
- Demonstrated counseling experience and effective skills, using evidenced based approaches
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and client database systems
- Missouri license at the clinical level required. Dual license in Missouri and Kansas preferred
Inquiries about the position may be directed to Richard Odiam at email@example.com.
To submit application, please follow the link located to the left of this posting.
OMNI and Jewish Family Services are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.