Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Shelterwood is a fully accredited national therapeutic boarding school for 12-18 year old teenagers who are encountering emotional, behavioral, academic, and family struggles. We are currently looking to add an experienced therapist (preference toward LCSW, LPC, or LMFT ) on our growing clinical team. The therapist will provide professional therapy services, including individual, group, and family therapy, in addition to crisis management as needed. Our therapists work as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team for the client and works closely with his/her parents as well as collaborating with direct care, mentor, academic, and recreational coaching staff who may be involved in a client’s treatment.
Shelterwood is a fun, eclectic, and creative organization. Our team of educators, direct
care staff, and therapists are excited to serve, learn, and to work within an energized faith-based community.
Shelterwood is a non-profit organization that values seeing families restored and supporting our staff and their families. The facilities are located on 200+ acres of beautiful wooded hills in Independence, just 30 minutes from the excitement of Kansas City, Missouri. Applicants should be motivated toward professional development and joining a Christ-centered team of professionals that is committed to clinical excellence.
- Master’s level Counselor in Missouri
- Ability to skillfully engage adults (parents) and adolescents
- Strong time management skills
- Desire to work collaboratively
- High level of verbal/writing skills
- Strong Christian commitment and character
- 2-4 years of experience preferred but not required
- Develops treatment plan by establishing goals with the client, parents, educators, and direct care staff
- Advises client by suggesting and exploring resolutions; discussing progress toward goals
- Monitors progress toward treatment goals by evaluating and adjusting services provided
- Working knowledge of documentation for insurance purposes
- General schedule is 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Ability to work one evening a week (11:00am to 7:00pm)
- On-call rotation between therapists
- Salaried position
- Excellent health benefit package (health, dental, vision)
- Generous PTO package
- Must be licensed in Missouri. LCSW, LPC, or LMFT
- A sincere faith in Jesus Christ
Shelterwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999