Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
This position provides, a range of psychological assessments, diagnostic, and therapeutic services for patients of KC CARE. This includes providing behavior health therapy, assessments, and intervention services for clients who struggle with outpatient behavior health conditions. He/she must be able to carry out clinical services related to mental health and counseling, support functions; education, and crisis intervention. This position adheres to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) professional code of ethics and practice standards, or the APA Practice Standards and Code of Ethics, as applicable.
- Master's or Doctoral degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology
- MO licensure as a Clinically Licensed Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Minimum 6 months of related experience which may include internship and/or practicum;
- Certification in and/or experience treating substance use disorders preferred;
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to diverse groups of people and people on all levels
- Provides on-site mental health, substance use and dual diagnosis crisis intervention, screenings, and assessments, for patients referred.
- Provides counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy for clients and/or families.
- Collects client level data through interview, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
- Accurately and in a timely manner maintains appropriate case files through the preparation of treatment plans, discharge plans, progress notes etc.
- Work collaboratively with KC CARE staff and local human service organizations, treatment centers, and other community based organizations in order to facilitate appropriate care coordination, information, and referral.
- Follows up to determine reliability and validity of treatment used; makes recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
- Assist in the supervision / training of KC CARE behavioral health volunteers and/or students as needed.
- Participates in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
- Supports quality management and program evaluation activities by providing statistical information on program activities as requested by supervisor.
- Supports the mission and vision of KC CARE, is a team member of the KC CARE; supporting other staff members when needed.
- All duties as assigned by Department Director or Senior Staff Members when required for the smooth operation of KC CARE and/or its Administrative functions. Perform other duties as assigned that are related to behavioral health programming.
- Maintain a positive, helpful attitude to patients, providers and co-workers.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and commitment to the common goal of providing excellent patient care.
- Participate in and support team meetings and activities.
- Attends, participates and satisfactorily completes mandatory in-services and educational programs.
- Adhere to Kansas City CARE Clinic attendance standards.
- Utilizes appropriate chain of command
- Follows through on assignments to completion
- Maintains a professional appearance and good hygiene.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee regularly is required to stand and move about the building.
- Some local travel by automobile may be expected to drive to community meetings, multiple locations within the organization, or other agencies. This process may include some exposure to changing weather conditions.
- May be exposed to secondary trauma through client report or witness first hand behaviors that could be experienced as traumatizing during the course of this job.
- Employee will regularly have to lift up to ten pounds.
Job Type: Full Time