Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Bilingual Community Prevention Specialist
The Bilingual Community Prevention Specialist is responsible for providing HIV and STI prevention services to at-risk populations, including HIV and STI (sexually transmitted infections) counseling and testing sessions, behavioral interventions, educational presentations, structural interventions, and social media/marketing messaging.
Scope of Responsibilities
Vivent Health is one of the nation’s largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $150 million and employing over 450 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized Vivent Health HIV Medical home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. Vivent Health also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
Vivent Health currently operates in multiple states nationwide. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
- Provide in-office and outreach HIV and STI counseling and testing services according to Vivent Health policies and procedures with scheduling direction from Prevention Team Coordinator and/or Director of Programs.
- Participate in active coverage of the weekly walk in testing hours at Vivent Health
- Implement behavioral interventions with at-risk individuals, including individuals living with HIV.
- Provide education and navigation services for HIV- individuals surrounding Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) as a means of HIV prevention.
- Facilitate educational presentations on HIV and STI prevention and other related topics with diverse populations.
- Conduct outreach and condom distribution in community settings to raise awareness of HIV and STI and to recruit participants for prevention and other agency services.
- Develop and distribute social media/marketing messages to raise awareness of HIV, STIs, and agency services.
- Participate in local and state wide prevention planning committees.
- Participate in agency meetings and activities.
- Complete paperwork and reporting in a timely manner.
- Hold designated office hours (at least 20 hours per week), while spending other 20 hours per week in community efforts and clearly communicate schedule to Prevention Team Coordinator and Director of Programs.
- Participate in additional evening and weekend outreach efforts as required to support mission and vision of Vivent Health.
- Bilingual with written and oral communication fluency in English and Spanish.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR a minimum of one year experience in similar work.
- Knowledge of HIV and STI risk behaviors, human sexuality, and social determinants of health.
- Must be comfortable with a sex positive approach to counseling and education.
- Ability to function as an individual contributor as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with clients and staff members.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Sensitivity to all areas of diversity, not limited to, HIV status, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and gender identity.
To learn more about Thrive Health Connection's merger with Vivent Health check out our press release and FAQs.
Job Type: Full Time