Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Bilingual Masters Social Worker
Community Programs MSWs (Family Support Specialists) provide home-based family support to pregnant and postpartum women and their families enrolled in the TIES Program. Specialists partner with families to develop individualized, trauma-informed, culturally appropriate services to promote child development, social and emotional well-being and healthier family functioning. Services will include in-home support for substance abuse treatment, child development education and parenting support, connection to health and behavioral health services, crisis intervention and supportive counseling, and coordination of services with multiple community agencies. Candidates bilingual in English and Spanish are required for this position.
At Children’s Mercy, we are committed to ensuring that everyone feels welcomed within our walls. A successful candidate for this position will join us as we strive to create a workplace that reflects the community we serve, as well as our core values of kindness, curiosity, inclusion, team and integrity.
Additionally, it’s important to us that we remain transparent with all potential job candidates. Because we value the safety of the patients and families we serve, as well as the Children’s Mercy staff, we want to let you know that the seasonal influenza and COVID-19 vaccines are a condition of employment for all employees in our organization. New employees must be willing to be vaccinated if found non-immune to measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and chicken pox (varicella) and/or without evidence of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccination since 2005. If you become a finalist for this position, and have any concerns about receiving these vaccines, medical and/or religious exemptions can be further discussed with Human Resources.
- Psychosocial Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Clinical Services and Intervention
- Care Coordination
- Practice Management
- Community Programs recognizes lack of reliable private or public transportation as a social determinant of health in our community. Home-based family support services will require the employee to provide transportation to family to/from health related appointments, required court appearances, alcohol and drug treatment centers, and service other agencies addressing social determinants of health, in their staff owned and insured vehicles.
- Masters Social Work and 1-2 years of experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- LMSW KS Licensed Master's Social Worker KS must have a KS or MO license upon hire and then be dually licensed in both states within 90 days of employment Required 90 Days
- LMSW MO Licensed Master's Social Worker MO must have a KS or MO license upon hire and then be dually licensed in both states within 90 days of employment Required 90 Days
This position is not eligible work remotely, which means that the person hired will be required to work onsite at one of our Children’s Mercy locations and may not work from home.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999,$75,000 - 99,999