Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Caregiver Homemaker or CNA
Full Time/Part-time/PRN Homemaker positions are available in Johnson County, KS. Work from 4-40 hours per week. Weekdays only -- no nights, weekends, or holidays. Each assignment is usually 2-3 hours per client.
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings. The Homemaker provides a healthy home environment for the elderly client by keeping the home orderly and clean. This position does not include hands-on personal care, outside chores, transportation, medication administration or pre-filling insulin syringes. EEO.
- Light housekeeping duties include but are not limited to: linen changes, laundry, vacuuming/dusting, cleaning kitchen and bathroom
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals. Markets when instructed to do so.
- Establishes a relationship of trust while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Completes neat and legible timesheets following the Service Plan. Submits these records to the office by 6:00 a.m. every Monday
- Confirms schedule and availability weekly with the office. Notifies the office of any changes in schedule.
- Reports any change in the client’s mental or physical condition or any evidence of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of the client
- Maintains strict confidentiality according to HIPAA policy.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy
- Employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- High School diploma or GED
- Maintains appearance and behavior which professionally represents Catholic Charities, a faith-based organization (good hygiene, clean appropriate clothing, tattoos or multiple piercings covered while on duty).
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record
- Has cell phone or home phone in order to communicate with the office
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and standing, bending and moving
- The ability to complete assignments in all types of weather and ever-changing and sometimes allergenic environments in homes of those we serve, including extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have good mobility to make visits to a variety of home environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing steep stairs
- Must have good hearing and speech ability to communicate with others
- Must have good vision for driving and for assessing conditions of those we serve
Job Type: Full Time,Part Time