Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
COVID Disease Investigator
Accountable to: Elizabeth Groenweghe, Chief Epidemiologist
Ex/Non-Ex (salary/hourly): 12 month Contract, $26/hour
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time - 40 hours per week/No Benefits
Serve the Public Health Department by investigating reports of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Wyandotte County and implementing control measures and recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the county.
Essential Job Functions
- • Investigate reports of COVID in Wyandotte County in accordance with Kansas Department of Health and Environment and Unified Government Public Health Department guidelines
- • Enter data relating to disease investigations into online surveillance system and report findings to epidemiologists
- • Complete accurate contact tracing for any COVID cases
- • Provides recommendations on control and preventative measures in regard to COVID
- • Provide contacts with appropriate information regarding quarantine and referral for testing
- • Complete and close out COVID investigations on a timely basis
- • This position will require COVID investigations be conducted on weekends with a flexible work schedule that will include weekend and weekday hours (40 hours per week total).
Perform general responsibilities as part of the job requirements listed above:
- • Maintain an understanding of the various processes and procedures of the position
- • Support UGPHD policy
- • Utilizes strong communication skills and professionalism to contact clients as assigned
- • Work collaboratively with UGPHD staff to maintain a team environment
- • Maintain professional and cordial interactions with community partners, staff and others at all times
- • Comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations including full confidentiality of protected health information
- • Uphold UGPHD standards and values ensuring solid ethical standards are practiced
- • Willing and able to utilize an interpreter
- • Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- • Bachelor’s degree in related field including health sciences, public health, biology, epidemiology, or nursing, required
COVID Disease Investigator Job Description Unified Government Public Health Department
- • Must live in Wyandotte County, Kansas and provide proof of residency
- • Software knowledge of programs utilized (e.g. Microsoft Suite products, Adobe products, video conferencing, and others as required)
- • Strong interpersonal skills
- • High standards of confidentiality
- • Excellent customer service skills
- • Extreme attention to details
- • Effective communicator (verbal, written and body language)
- • Ability to prioritize and manage work effectively and efficiently to accomplish tasks while multi-tasking and delivering friendly service
- • Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- • Lift and move items up to 20 lbs.
- • Sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- • Ability to concentrate on detailed information
- • Ability to handle a variety of complex decisions (normal to above average range)
- • Bend, kneel and reach items
- • Ability to hear and speak over a phone
- • Must be able to communicate effectively
- • Professional office setting with little discomfort due to such factors as noise, heat, dust, or other adverse factors
- • Travel along with associated travel risks
To apply, please email your resume to Elizabeth Groenweghe at email@example.com
This job description does not state nor imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the staff member holding this position. Staff is required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related responsibilities as requested by management.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. An individual seeking an accommodation should contact human resources.
A job description is not intended to and does not create an employment contract. UGPHD maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law
Job Type: Temporary
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999