Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
This is a chairside dental assistant position with primary responsibility of assisting the dentist in providing direct patient care. This position is responsible for assuring efficient and effective patient flow and maintenance of all necessary equipment and supplies. This position acts as a resource to volunteers and students.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Successful completion of dental assistant training; dental certification preferred.
· Minimum of one year experience as a dental assistant preferred,
· Ability to work as a team member and handle multiple tasks at one time.
· Ability to plan and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work flexible hours per dentist availability to provide dental clinics.
· Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to diverse groups of people without judgment.
· Provide direct patient care under the guidance of the scheduled dentist in accordance with established protocols and standards.
· Maintains safety of environment by following OSHA standards as outlined in the “Safety Manual”.
· Maintains an appropriate supply of dental materials and sterilization supplies
· Documents patient care appropriately and in a timely manner.
· Provides good customer service.
· Participates as a team member with oral health program staff and the Clinic as a whole.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Communicates patient’s health status accurately in verbal and written reports to appropriate colleagues and health care providers
· Communicates effectively, courteously and collaboratively with patients, dentists, supervisors, and co-workers
· Maintains patient confidentiality
· Act as a patient advocate
· Promotes positive teamwork and cohesiveness between staff members and other health providers
· Maintains objectivity and constructively deals with problem situations
· Documents all activities completed and acts as documentation resource/expert for dental staff
· Maintains tracking in databases, excel spreadsheets and any other documentation regarding patient care issues
· Maintain a positive, helpful attitude to patients, providers and co-workers
· Seek to establish a working relationship with a positive attitude that enhances open communication
· Demonstrate an awareness of and commitment to the common goal of providing excellent patient care
· Participate in and support team meetings and activities
· Attends, participates and satisfactorily completes mandatory in-services and educational program.
· Adhere to KC Care Health center attendance standards
· Utilizes appropriate chain of command
· Follows through on assignments to completion
· Maintains a professional appearance and good hygiene
· Takes responsibility for own actions
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
· This position may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment;
· The employee is expected to travel by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions;
· May be expected to drive to staff meetings, and any other meetings that concern the dental department.
· May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric traumatized and deceased patients;
· Employee should be able to stand for up 6 hours a day, lift up to 25 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The KC CARE Health Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.
Job Type: Full Time