Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Nursing
Working with a community healthcare practice providing comprehensive and compassionate care to underserved communities, you will lead the medical assistant team and ancillary staff in providing exceptional integrated primary care services. This position will work with management to develop and lead change initiatives as Vibrant Health continues to grow.
• Supervising the training and supervision of a passionate team of medical assistants
• Updating our overall staffing structure along with daily management of schedules to facilitate patient access, increasing our coordination of care across departments, enhancing workflows for patient care coordination, enrich nurse education visits, improve departmental budget and more.
• Supervise and mentor on-site Lead Medical Assistants, helping them address clinical, operations, and personnel matters
• Work with the Director of Clinical Operations and Practice Manager to coordinate communication and coordination between clinical and non-clinical departments
• Function as a provider and see patients if an APRN.
• Work as Staff Nurse 20-30% of time to maintain understanding of clinical operations, EMR, issues and patient needs.
• Collaborate with the Medical Director to integrate clinical disciplines and optimize all team members to meet quality improvement
• Additional Oversight of staff and/or areas may be required in the future.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing required; Masters or Advanced Practice Degree preferred.
• Licensed in Kansas as a Registered Nurse with 3+ years of experience in nursing with recent clinical experience in outpatient medical setting.
• Experience managing and supervising staff.
• Understanding of ambulatory family practice health care program administration and clinical operations.
• Good communication skills, particularly with staff and patients from diverse cultures whose primary language is not English.
• Knowledge of and experience with EMR and Microsoft Office systems.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience with Patient Centered Medical Home model and concepts preferred.
• Bilingual/bicultural preferred
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $75,000 - 99,999