Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager of Get Tested KC
Under the direction of the Director of Get Tested KC, this position supports the implementation of the Get Tested KC public health campaign. The mission of the Get Tested KC campaign is to bring an end to the HIV epidemic in Kansas City and nationwide by 2030 by uniting a powerful, broad-based coalition of community partners for Get Tested KC – a multi-year, region-wide campaign to dramatically reduce the number of new HIV infections and ensure linkage to care.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing people, projects, events, and budgets
Campaign Project Management
- In collaboration with the CEO, COO, Chief Marketing and Development Officer, Vice President of HIV Services, and Director of Get Tested KC, assists with campaign strategy and subsequent timelines
- Assisting the Director of Get Tested KC to ensure campaign is tracking with action plan and timeline and troubleshoot setbacks, barriers, and challenges
- Serves as main KC CARE staff member for all campaign task forces by attending meetings, helping to facilitate as needed, and providing administrative support (i.e. planning meeting dates, sending invitations, securing space, taking minutes)
- Provides updates on taskforce progress and strategies to Director of Get Tested KC to ensure a cohesive initiative
Volunteer Cultivation and Supervision
- Coordinates with KC CARE Volunteer Manager to recruit and manage Get Tested KC volunteers
Community Partner Engagement & Coordination
- Collaborate with CEO, COO, Chief Marketing and Development Officer, Vice President of HIV Services, Director of Get Tested KC, and other KC CARE leadership to engage and cultivate key community partners to include medical leaders, elected officials, municipalities, community- and faith-based organizations, educational institutions, foundations, and corporations
- Coordinate and maintain positive working relationships and regular communication with community partners from groups described above
- Under the direction of the Director of Get Tested KC, regularly meets with community partners, presents on Get Tested KC to various community partners, and performs community partner prospect research to engage all facets of community in campaign
- Enters data and notes in Project Management Database to track community partners
Campaign Event Production
- In collaboration with the CEO, COO, Chief Marketing and Development Officer, and Vice President of HIV Services, and Director of Get Tested KC, develop the strategy, plan, and agenda for a variety of campaign events—including large community meetings, targeted events for specific specialties and/or organization type, and various task force meetings.
- Lead for executing efficient, cost-effective, and meaningful campaign events—including securing space, catering, AV and day-of logistics
- Ensures events are adequately staffed
- Manages the Get Tested KC events calendar
Campaign Activity Tracking & Reporting
- Assists with data entry, tracking and reporting as needed
General KC CARE Management
- Participates in agency management activities through the implementation of agency policies and procedures, active participation on KC CARE’s management team, and by supporting staff adherence to agency policies and procedures.
- Supports the mission and vision of the KC CARE Health Center
- Performs other duties as assigned by Department Director or senior staff members when required for the smooth operation of the clinic and/or its administrative functions.
- Engaging, professional and diplomatic; effective relationship builder
- Flexible; able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances
- Commitment to teamwork to further the results of the campaign
- High-energy, highly-motivated self-starter; resourceful “find a way” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Manage projects
- Effectively explain concepts and share ideas, verbally and in writing
- Plan and produce campaign and community events
- Lead meetings and present to small and large groups
- Collaborate with a broad-range of colleagues
- Communicate effectively by phone and email
- Speak in a straightforward, comfortable way about sex-related topics
- Strong organization, management, and communication skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office; project management and database software skills a plus
- Familiarity with:
- Kansas City metropolitan area, particularly the healthcare and nonprofit sectors, minority communities
- Familiarity with AIDS Service Organizations, MSM, Transgender, and IDU communities a plus
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear primarily in English.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, and move about the building.
- The employee in this position may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment.
- The employee is expected to travel by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
- The employee will be expected to drive to community meetings, client homes or other agencies that may not be ADA equipped.
- The employee will regularly have to lift up to ten pounds.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The KC Care Health Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.