Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Nurse PRN - Score 1 for Health
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures timely follow-up with families qualifying for services.
- Organize referral caseload
- Effectively tracks all families contacted
- Coordinates appropriate referrals
- Facilitates follow-up contact with families
- Cultivates alliances with entities, effectively promoting the benefits of the programs.
- Serves as a resource and liaison with school professionals, parents, and community programs
- Acts as a conduit of change in promoting healthy lifestyles
- Represents the University favorably and in accordance with established Core Values and expectations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Extensive knowledge and experience may substitute for education
- Three years experience in pediatric, community, public, or school nursing. Experience in patient education, diabetes education, health promotion, social services desired. One year experience working with low-income, multi-cultural families preferred and highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with MS office (word, excel, access).
- Must have excellent time management skills, be able to work independently, productively, and with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to elementary schools when needed.
- Flexibility in work hours, due to early evening activities, including attendance and phone work.
- Strong skills in phone and face-to-face health assessments, specifically ability to assess readiness for change in lifestyle.
- Demonstrated attributes in displaying compassion and developing trust while interacting with all constituents.
- Strong phone skills essential.
- Must maintain an active MO and/or KS license for registered nurses or be able to obtain bi-state licensure.
Job Type: Part Time