Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Vibrant Health is a Community Health Center located in Wyandotte County, KS. Our mission is to provide access to respectful, empowering, culturally sensitive and appropriate high-quality health care for the community, regardless of socio-economic obstacles.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grants Specialist develops the materials required for grant proposals; completes timely application submissions; monitors pending grants; manages grants awards including grant reporting; researches new opportunities to fund operations, programs, capacity expansion, and capital needs; and maintains up-to-date, accurate records. An essential Fund Development team member, the role helps to maintain a diversified base of raised funds from government agencies, foundations, charitable trusts, corporations, individual donors, community organizations and other stakeholders. The Fund Development team generates diverse, sustainable income streams through fundraising activities to help improve equitable access to health care services, quality practices and health improvements for low-income, vulnerable children and adults in Wyandotte County, Kansas. The right candidate must possess exceptional technical writing and communication skills, analytical acumen, project management and fundraising savvy, and thrive as a member of a high-performance, creative and interactive team of professionals passionate about Vibrant Health’s mission, vision and values.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BA or BS degree required (English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business or related field); Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of progressive experience with grant writing and grants management gained in a non-profit health care, social service or related environment.
- Proven history of grant writing and management success to fund operations, programs, capacity expansion and capital needs. Proven skills in data collection and analysis; grant budget development and management; patient story-telling and in building and developing relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including funders and community partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Vibrant Health’s mission & values.
- Strong computer skills. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.); Adobe Pro; virtual meeting tools, such as TEAMS, Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc. and of funder-specific grant management systems. Experienced internet researcher and CRM systems user (e.g., Donor Perfect Online).
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Preferred: Experience with a Federally Qualified Health Center or Safety Net Clinic and solid knowledge of primary health care, behavioral health and/or dental services.
- Preferred: Experience as lead writer on at least one government and/or national/regional foundation grant application.
Apply online at:
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999