Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Pediatric Care Coordinator
Pediatric Care Coordinator works within the pediatric and prenatal care team to support the non-clinical aspects of patient care with the goal of improving the overall health of patients and increasing patient engagement with primary care team by coordinating connection to supportive resources. Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring attribution of current clinic patients with Medicaid to KC CARE Health Center, outreaching to current attributed patients to secure patient appointments and meeting with Medicaid patients in clinic to ensure future medical compliance to services by addressing social determinants of health (SDOH) of patients and caregiving family members.
- Bachelors degree in social work; MSW preferred
- LBSW licensed or licensure eligible in the State of Missouri preferred.
- Case management experience with low-income, uninsured populations with emphasis on pediatrics, preferred
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Experience in navigating health and social service systems
- Complete attribution enrollment form and send to Medicaid
- Complete all other needed documentation and document in approved format in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other team members, including providers, nurses, Behavioral Health Consultant, Health Insurance Navigators, CHWs and other staff.
- Assist with client contacts and medical compliance to HEDIS measures, and attending regular, preventative medical and dental appointments at the clinic and acute visits as needed
- Review EHR schedule and collaborate with care team on attributed patient appointments
- Assist with performance improvement and data management
- Meet with supervisor regularly to improve program and increase patient engagement in clinic services
- Ability to use multiple systems to document and check patient data
- Complete all telephone and face-to-face contacts with patients in a timely and professional manner.
- Evaluates the clients eligibility for government entitlement programs (i.e. Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security etc.) and refers them as appropriate.
- Provides ongoing client referrals to appropriate community resources and services based on client need.
- Assist patient to schedule medical and social service appointments and attend appointments as needed or requested.
- Provided assistance with medical and behavioral health referrals to ensure client access and follow-through.
- Assist with coordination of medical records as needed for care continuity
- Assist patient in securing transportation to medical and social service appointments.
- Assist patient in obtaining necessary medications through patient assistance programs and other reduced cost programs.
- Complete all required documentation and data tracking in a detailed and timely manner.
- Assist with all other duties assigned.
- Must have strong PC proficiency and MS Office skills
- Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to diverse groups of people and people on all levels
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks with different deadlines
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Potential exposure to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to identify, communicate and exchange information
- The employee regularly is required to move about the building
- Expected to travel to community meetings, client homes or other agencies
- May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric traumatized and deceased patients
- Employee may regularly have to lift up to twenty (20) pounds
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The KC CARE Health Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to all job applicants and employees.
Job Type: Full Time