Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Registered Nurse Care Manager
The Nurse Care Manager is responsible and accountable for the provision and facilitation of comprehensive care coordination services and quality outcomes for patients.
- Maintain a direct relationship with patients and coordinates with primary care team and specialty care teams;
- Develop care plans;
- Collaborate, support and assist providers with any and all levels of care delivery to patients;
- Monitor HIT (Health Information Technology) tools and QI generated reports to identify gaps in care and needed services;
- Previous experience with Patient Electronic Health Systems that include a range of data, demographics, medical history, medication, allergies, immunization status, laboratory results, etc.;
- Address medication alerts, hospital admissions and ER visits;
- Support transitions of care documentation in the EHR in a timely manner;
- Identify and address high utilizers;
- Monitor and report performance measures and outcomes; and
- Support all FQHC and PCMH related data collection and delivery of quality care to patients.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member;
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data and information from a variety of sources;
- Complex problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse client and staff populations; and
- Knowledge of health care and practice with diverse populations and cultures.
- Registered Nurse with BSN preferred;
- Three (3) years’ Nursing experience, current Missouri license;
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required;
- Proficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
- Ability to relate to a broad and diverse spectrum of the community;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously;
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, coworkers and others;
- Previous experience with Patient Centered Medical Home standards of care preferred;
- Prior experience with HIV patients preferred; and
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Attends, participates and satisfactorily completes mandatory team trainings and educational programs;
- Adhere to KC CARE Health Center attendance standards;
- Utilizes appropriate chain of command;
- Follows through on assignments to completion;
- Maintains a professional appearance and good hygiene; and
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Maintain a positive, helpful attitude to patients/families/visitors, providers and co-workers:
- Seek to establish a working relationship with a positive attitude;
- Facilitates communications that lead to positive outcomes and problem resolution;
- Demonstrates an awareness of and commitment to the common goal of providing excellent patient care;
- Participates in and support team meetings and activities; and
- Serves on Health Center committees to improve patient care environment.
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of the KC CARE Health Center;
- Provide orientation and training to new employees as assigned; and
- HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient’s protected health information, including the patient’s entire medical record, for patient care purposes.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- This position may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen and talk;
- The employee regularly is required to move about the building;
- The employee is expected to travel by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions;
- May be expected to drive to community meetings, client homes or other agencies;
- May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric traumatized and deceased patients; and
- Employee may have to lift up to ten pounds.
Job Type: Full Time