Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Prevention Specialist – Primary Tester
The Prevention Specialist-Primary Tester is responsible for providing HIV counseling and testing services, and assisting in the planning and implementation of community testing events. The Prevention Specialist will serve as the main HIV tester for the HIMM Project and social media.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, health education or related field preferred.
- Six months experience in healthcare or related field preferred
- HIV/AIDS prevention experience with the priority population preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to understand and communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and sexual orientation.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of HIV outreach testing events. The Prevention Specialist will serve as a point of contact for community members interested in scheduling testing events.
- Ensures that testing events are delivered in a confidential manner both in the clinic and in the community.
- Create and/or disseminate social media messaging to reach the priority population to advertise testing services and submit posts to review boards for approval
- Provide comprehensive, client-centered HIV risk reduction counseling and testing services for clients requesting this service and high risk clients with an HIV negative test.
- Complete all program paper work and forms required for each project assigned in a detailed and timely fashion.
- Maintain data on all clients served and interventions provided per Health Center policy and grant requirements.
- Assist in completing assigned sections of program reports and grant narratives in a detailed and timely fashion.
- Ensure that clients with an HIV positive test results are referred to a Linkage to Care Case manager.
- Assist Program Coordinator in ensuring program supplies are ordered, inventoried, and secured in appropriate storage areas.
- Provide regular inventory and reporting of prevention supplies and incentives to Program Coordinator.
- Assist Coordinator and project staffing preparing for community events and evidence based interventions to ensure supplies and refreshments are available, space is secured and intervention is advertised per grant guidelines and Health Center policy.
- Disseminate educational materials and safer sex tools to clients during program related activities per scope of work and Health Center protocols.
- Assists prevention staff in providing education and oversight of student and volunteers assigned to projects.
- Attend and actively participate in all required Health Center and community meetings as assigned.
- Support the mission and vision of the Kansas City CARE Health Center.
- Make internal and external referrals to Counseling and Testing Service clients as needed to reach short and long term goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong PC proficiency and MS Office skills.
- Must be able to work autonomously.
- Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to handle and keep extremely sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to work for more than one individual at a time, prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules supporting Health Center events, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of health care and practice with diverse populations and cultures
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999